Chapter 11

Summer POV

Waking up feeling fully refreshed from a great night's sleep is a good way to start to your day.

Waking up next to a shirtless Kylo Ren is a very good way to start your day.

Thus, my morning was already off to a wonderful start.

Daring myself, I lifted the covers and peaked down at his perfectly toned body. I swallowed so drool wouldn't leak out of my mouth. He is THE model of this galaxy.

I moved closer, gingerly pushing his messy curls off his face and watching him as he slept peacefully. I didn't want to disturb him, for he sleeps poorly during the night, waking up often and most of the time staying awake for a while before returning to his slumber.

But this morning was different. He was too cute and vulnerable, and I couldn't resist the temptation of placing gentle kisses along his neck.

A soft groan came out of his lips but his eyes stayed shut. "It's too early..." His voice was so sexy first thing on the morning. Groggy and deep. Enough to make me want to...do some certain things to him.

"Is that how you greet your girlfriend who just came back from a near death mission?" I teased.

He playfully shoved me off him and rolled over, giving me his backside. His very beautiful backside... "I'll fool around with you later..."

I bit my lip, blushing. "That's...that's not what I meant Kylo..."

I never got a reply, soft snores already coming from his end. My lips curled into a smirk as I raised my palm at him, trying to turn him back to me with the Force.

He felt himself getting moved and woke up, sending a Force Push over his shoulder and blowing me off the bed. I groaned from the floor. Okay. I probably deserved that for bothering him.

Suddenly his face popped out from over the side of the bed with a sly smirk. "I wasn't sleeping before. I knew you would try to bother me."

"Just help me up," I said, not wanting to give him that satisfaction.

Kylo effortlessly pulled me up then laid back down on the bed. Although this time he stayed on his back so I could stare at his perfect body...

I just adore the days when he only covers his lower half with covers.

"So tell me about your trip," he said, crossing his arms behind his head. "You never got a chance to yesterday."

"I was indeed exhausted. That mission took a lot out of me," I replied, reclining down onto my elbow beside him. "I never thought it would end up the way it did."

"Nor did I, which is why I feel bad for sending you away in the first place..." He sighed and shook his head. "I almost lost you. I just...I wanted you to be able to see what it was like to go on missions by yourself. That may happen one day. I may not always be able to join you. I needed to know you were able to take care of yourself. Now I see you're a strong and capable woman. For having little training and being thrown into a drastic situation and surviving...I'm so proud of you."

I just beamed over his comment, trying not to cry. "That really means a lot to me Kylo..."

His eyes were getting watery too from the moment and he quickly dried them, clearing his throat. "Okay. Enough with being mushy. Back to your mission."

I kissed his cheek first as an additional thank you, which made him blush. Cute!

"Well, everything was going smooth at first," I explained, not bothering to add how Armitage was a total jerk half the time. "Hux and I met with Chancellor Angelo. He seemed eager to form an alliance with the First Order."