Chapter 17

Summer POV

Our lips danced across the each other's skin. The location wasn't a preference, but wherever it felt the softest. Teeth and tongue occasionally followed, leaving behind small bruises as marks of promise.

Fingers caressed and raced down the skin, depending on the moment. It would flicker between love and lust.

Our hot bodies stayed pressed together, never being able to satisfy. It left the formerly quiet room with fast pants of breath and groans coming from either us or the suffering bed beneath us.

The raw and passionate hunger for the other kept us fueled to reach our highs at record pace. Slow wasn't an option, nor was it desired. We only starved for the other.

The extreme longing was enough to make us last for multiple rounds, switching off from different positions to feed the endless crave.

When all was finally satisfied, our bodies intertwined until sleep overtook us. Our last weak breaths before the dreamworld were soft I love you's and one final passionate kiss of goodnight...

And that is how I woke up, with Kylo still wrapped around me. I smiled, rubbing his arm. "Hey..."

He stirred slightly, his brown eyes slowly peaking open. "Mhm..."

I giggled softly, touching his hand. "It's morning, my handsome space prince."

He groaned and held me tighter, his face nuzzling into the back of his neck. "I don't want to get up..."

"Hux isn't going to like us being late."

"Hux can go screw himself. I don't care what he thinks."

I rolled my eyes, kissing his cheek before I got up. "I'll go take the first shower..."

I looked back at him, expecting him to be up and running to join me. He didn't move. He stayed curled up, facing the wall.

"I guess that means I'm showering alone?"

Still nothing.

I shrugged, leaving him alone as I went into the shower, making it quick as I knew we shouldn't be late to leave. Everything was on a timed schedule here, and disrupting that schedule could result in messing up whatever was planned the rest of the day.

Once I finished and dressed in appropriate attire, I went back into the bedroom and stopped at seeing that Kylo still hasn't moved.

"Kylo...are you okay?" I sat on the edge of the bed with concern, checking him for a fever. Just because we're up in space doesn't mean he can't get sick.

"I don't want to do this. I don't want to lose you, Summer..." His brown eyes stared up at me, almost in tears.

So that's it. He loves me so much...

I'm going to start crying next.

I played with some of his stray curls, knowing it helped soothe him. "I'll call Hux and tell him to send someone else."

He slowly nodded, looking away with a sigh.

I picked up my comlink but before I could dial for Hux it flew out of my hand and into Kylo's. He was now sitting up, his bare, gorgeous torso shining in the lights. "No...we have to do this."