Runaway

While Sophie is still a maid, like a extra Sophie/Gideon scene for Clockwork Princess

Runaway (Sophie/Gideon)

Gideon barged through the corridors with Gabriel cursing behind him. He turned a corner and came face to face with Sophie who had a empty tray in her hands.

"Mr Lightwood?" She exclaimed, seeming mildly surprised, "What are you doing?"

Gideon stood still as a statue, having no response for Sophie.

"Miss Collins, Gabriel's trying to get me," Gideon finally got his lips to move, "Where can I hide?" He asked hurriedly.

Sophie examined him before shaking her head and pointing to the closest door which was a spare bedroom.

"Thank you Sophie," He opened the door and ducked inside just as Gabriel ran around the corner.

"Miss Collins," He was red in the face and seemingly embarrassed, "Have you seem my brother?"

Sophie shook her head, "No Mr Lightwood."

Gabriel took off running down the corridor, mumbling under his breath.

Sophie was amused by the whole affair and went to keep walking when a hand was put on her shoulder.

"Mr Lightwood," She muttered, twisting her head to see the blonde brown hair and bright hopeful eyes, "Could you please remove your hand."

His hand left her shoulder, "Sorry Sophie," He ducked his head.

"Miss Collins," She corrected regretfully, liking the way he pronounced Sophie.

"Miss Collins," His gaze saddened but Sophie tried to ignore it.

"What was Mr Lightwood chasing you for?" Sophie did want to know.

"I caught him getting close to Miss Herondale," Gideon smiled, "I think I ruined the moment for him."

Sophie laughed, "He is fond of her."

"Just a little," Gideon smirked, "Do you know any more places that I can hide?"

Sophie bit her lip and made a split second decision, "Follow me."

She turned around and began striding down the corridor and turning until she deposited the empty tray into the kitchen.

"I just have to get something," Sophie murmured to Gideon as she started off the corridor again. Sophie got a basket for the linen and returned to Gideons side, "Now we go this way."

Sophie took the stairs quickly and Gideon followed beside her.

"There is a cupboard along the corridor where Miss Gray and Master Jems rooms are. It will be able to accommodate you and Gabriel won't know of it," Sophie explained.

"Thank you for helping me Sophie," Gideon murmured again.

Sophie didn't correct him for not saying Miss Collins and carried on walking.

"I was wondering Sophie if you-" Gideon began.

"This is the corridor," Sophie said, acting like he hadn't began asking her something, "The cupboard is over here."

Gideon could see how easily it was missed as the handle really didn't stick out from the wooden door. Sophie turned the handle, opening the cupboard to reveal a mainly empty space with a mop in the corner.

"It is a good place to hide," Gideon smiled.

"I'm glad you think so Mr Lightwood," Sophie said politely.

"Can't you call me Gideon Sophie?" He asked.

"Sorry Mr Lightwood, no," Sophie shook her head.

"Please Sophie," Gideon lifted his hand to cup her face, "Its Gideon."

"This is not appropriate Mr Lightwood," Sophie stammered.

"Sophie, I admire and care for you. Why are you deeming are relationship inappropriate?" Gideon demanded.

"I am a servant Mr Lightwood, you are a Shadowhunter," Sophie said sharply.

Gideon frowned, "That is no reason."

"It is," Sophie stated, "I have to return to work Mr Lightwood."

Gideon bent down and slanted his lips across Sophie's. She stiffened with surprise at first. She enjoyed the gentleness he treated her with and responded by wrapping her arms around Gideons waist and shutting her eyes.

"Gideon!" A familiar voice yelled making Sophie's eyes fly open and widen. She pulled back from Gideon, blushing deep red and picked up her cap from the ground which he had knocked askew. Sophie tucked her hair back in her cap and risked looking at Gideon who looked like he was going to kill Gabriel.

"I'll see you later Sophie," He said softly before looking at Gabriel who was smirking and waiting for his brother to give chase, "Runaway!" He yelled and smiled softly at Sophie before sprinting down the corridor after Gabriel.

Sophie laughed and picked up her basket to go back to work.