Rescue You

"Jenna, we need to get ready," Hunter laughed as he found me straightening my hair in the bathroom. "we have reservations." He waved his watch.

"I'm just about ready." I unplugged my straightener, swiped on some lipstick and mascara and we were out the door. I opted for a floral mini dress and gold strappy sandals. Hunter looked hot as hell in jeans and dark grey dress shirt. "Where are we headed to?" 

"It's a surprise but I think you will really like it." We parked the Jeep and walked hand in hand toward none other than the Cheesecake Factory. Hunter caught a glimpse of my smile, "It came to my attention recently that this restaurant is not in Ontario, and all the times you've visited, we've never dined here."

"Great surprise!" I leaned into Hunter, placing a quick kiss on his cheek as we strolled into the restaurant. We ordered drinks and an appetizer to share, "Anything else on the agenda for this evening?" We promised that we would surpass presents and instead just make this trip about time together. Hunter smiled, he had something up his sleeve.

"Yeah we have a thing for after dinner. It's another surprise but I think you will like it too."

"I just love being around you, you know that." The food was delicious and by some grace of God, we had room for dessert and split a piece of salted caramel mocha cheesecake. "Definitely going to fall into a diabetic coma after this." We paid our tab and walked out, I squeezed Hunter's hand twice, our nonverbal sign for papparazi. We decided it's better than pointing or making a scene and we could just let the other know with two quick pulses of our hands. Hunter opened the Jeep door and turned the key.

"The other half of your surprise my dear, is a trip to the Grande Ole Opry."

"Really? Who's performing?" My eyes were wide with excitement.

"Actually, Maddie and Tae, as well as yours truly!"

I must have shrieked like a little kid because Hunter laughed, covering his ears. We headed over to the Opry and were ushered through the artist entrance. The history of this building was so immense and it was an honour to be there in the presence of performs.

Hunter and I were lead to a dressing room where low and behold, the guys were in attendance getting geared for the performance. We said our hellos and they congratulated Hunter and I on surviving a year together. A vase of roses were on the table as well as a small box of chocolates. Hunter got geared up and stepped out of the room for a moment. When he returned, Maddie and Tae trailed in behind him. I felt like I completely fan girled on the inside.

"Hey, nice to meet you." They greeted me with open arms. We chatted a little, and they excused themselves to get ready for their set. Hunter and I watched from side stage as they sand 'Fly', as well as 'Right Here, Right Now". I sang along from the side, totally in awe of them.

"That could be you Jen," Hunter smiled, kissing my lips. "There's nothing to be nervous about  you're a true talent."

I placed my hand on his chest, I could feel the vibrations of the bass drum rippling through his body. "It takes a lot more than a nice voice to make it. And let's deal with those visas first." I kissed him back and turned to watch the rest of the performance.

Hunter was up next and I watched from side stage. He talked first about his up coming project and he played "Rescue", along with "Yesterday's Song." I sang along from the side stage, took a few pictures and enjoyed watching Hunter do his thing. A part of me wanted to be in on the hype, like a power duo - the next Tim and Faith. But I reminded myself that I needed to do make my own name - I couldn't just ride Hunters coattails to start a name for myself.

After the Opry, we made our way back to Hunters condo.Hunter flopped down on the bed and I hopped right next to him, slowly undoing the buttons of his dress shirt, one by one. When he caught what I was doing, he turned his body toward me, his one hand worked it's way up my thigh, under my dress, the other supporting my jaw as we kissed. I pulled him closer, using one leg to hook him, pushing my hips into his. He let out a little moan as I nibbled his lip, kissing him hard down his neck. I pulled away for a moment to slide out of my dress, revealing a sexy lace corset and matching underwear. His eyes sparkled and the corners of his mouth turned up into a smile. He took a moment to shak off his jeans and shirt, he reached for my hand and guided me down beside him. Entangled in each other, kissing and touching and whispering sweet nothings. Hunter reached for a condom and slid it on, taking off my underwear. He kissed my stomach, and went lower and lower until he was in new territory. He kissed, touched and pushed all the right places, putting me on a cliffhanger edge. I ran my fingers through his hair, bringing him back up. I guided him onto his back and I put myself over top him. Slowly first and then all at once. I finished first and he turned me over, his hips moving rhythmically and then a little faster as he brought himself to finish. 

Out of breath, he laid beside me, tangled up in his bed sheets. My head rested on his chest, and we must have fallen asleep like that because I woke up stark naked next to an equally naked Hunter. I smiled at the thought of celebrating a year with him. I've looked at how much I've grown and come to trust him. It was just last year where we were in Myrtle Beach. I was just finishing up that year of school.... my thoughts were interrupted by Hunter's alarm. I reached over and snoozed it, figuring I may as well get up and get coffee going.

I slipped into one of his tee shirts and fished through my bag for underwear. Within a few minutes, his alarm went off again. I came back into the room, two mugs of coffee in hand. "Good morning, babe." I placed the mug on Hunter's nightstand.

Sleepily, he sat up, "Good morning to you." We sat in bed, enjoying each others company  until Hunter mustered up the energy to get ready to hit the road. "Did you want to come to the  studio later?" He asked, topping up his travel mug. "Just us?"

"I think I'd like that." I smiled as he kissed my forehead.

"We are doing some project work today, I'll be home for dinner, we can go together after."

"Sounds like a date."