O- Optimistic

When Jason gets home, he drops his bag by the door and walks over to the couch, flopping down with a huff. He can smell Percy in the kitchen, cooking, and sighs, running a hand over his face.

Percy's head pokes out behind the door frame, and Jason moves his hands to give a tight smile.

"Hey," Percy says, walking over to him, sitting down and putting a comforting hand on his thigh, "how was class?" Jason groaned, closing his eyes and letting his head fall back onto the couch cushion. Jason felt a kiss be placed on his temple, and then Percy was standing up, making his eyes crack open.

"I'm going to get you some water," Percy stated, and Jason nodded, saying a small thank you. When Percy went to the kitchen, he sighed and took his glasses off, leaning over to set them on the coffee table, when he saw a couple opened letters.

With a frown, he put his glasses back on, and saw the envelopes were bills, and pursed his lips. He didn't get paid until another week, and even then his college funds were coming up and he needed to pay those too.

"I got paid today," Percy said, and Jason looked up. Percy set the glass on the table, sitting down besides Jason again and leaning his head on his shoulder, "It should be enough with what we saved already to pay them. But we're going to need to go grocery shopping soon, after tonight we're pretty much out of everything," he mumbled. Jason sighed, setting the papers down and burying his face in Percy's chest, and they both moved around so they were more comfortable.

"How did things get to this, Percy?" Jason asks quietly, and Percy plants a kiss to the top of his head.

"It's going to be okay," Percy says, rubbing Jason's back, "because when you're finally done with school, you're gonna be a kick ass pediatrician and one day we can move out of this dirty ass apartment where the walls aren't thin and the people next to us can't masturbate to our moans," Jason huffs a laugh, but shudders all the same, because that's a thing that actually happened, and he still haves nightmares at the stranger's moan of his name.

"I can't wait for that to happen."

Percy smiles at him, meeting Jason's lips in a tender kiss.

———

Idk what happened to this chapter, it didn't turn out how I planned, like, at all Oof

(420)