Chapter 2

~Flashback~

"Give it backkkk!"

"Nope! Come get it !"

"I'm sorry, but please may I have it back? Its mine."

"Technically, it's mine." Chris grinned.

He was holding his childhood blanket over Saraphina's head and her tiny body was jumping to get it, making her butt jiggle.

"But when you gave it to me it became mine! Please please?" She crossed her arms and pouted as Chris smiled down at her.

"Okay, since you asked so nicely."

He gave her back his childhood blanket and she cooed as she rubbed it against her face. He swooned at the site and his heart swelled as she grinned wildly.

"Thank you Christopher." She stuck her thumb in her mouth and laid back down on his shoulder.

Chris met Saraphina at their first foster home as infants. When CPS saw how attached they got to each other, they decided to keep them together until someone got adopted.

15 years later, they're still together.

Chris peeked over his shoulder to see Saraphina's eyes closed as her eyelashes fanned her cheeks. His shoulder had started to become slightly heavy so he knew she had begun to fall asleep.

"Sprinkles, princess you cant fall asleep out here." He slightly shook her awake.

She moaned and Chris rolled his eyes as she snuggled closer into him, it meant he'd have to pick her up and carry her, per usual.

"I think you like that I baby you."

"You're my best friend Chrissy, and I love you."

"I love you too." He heard light snoring and he knew that she had fallin' asleep. When it came to Saraphina's nap time, no one could stop her from her sleep.

Christopher turned her slightly and picked her gently. She snuggled her head into his shoulder getting more comfortable. Chris stood up with ease as he carried her down the hill, back into their foster home.

Saraphina wasn't the skinniest, but she defiantly wasn't fat. Not that Chris would have cared anyway. But she was thick in all the right places, and Christopher's 15 year old hormones always had a hard time around her. But because Chris had been picking her up all his life, she never felt heavy to him.

"She fell asleep outside again?" Their foster mom, Debra, asked.

"You know it, im going to lay her down."

Chris walked up the stairs as Debra smiled at them.

Debra was 56 year old black woman who took in teenage foster kids that no one wanted to adopt. When the agency called and sent her the file about Saraphina and Christopher, she knew she just had to take them in.

And she was glad she did.

They had been with her for only a few months and they were the sweetest kids she had ever taken in. Christopher was a gentleman and extremely helpful around the house. He never talked back or left the toilet seat up. He did things without having to be asked, and he always watched out for Saraphina.

She had a strong need to adopt them both.

Debra grabbed Sara's doll off the floor, knowing if she didn't wake up with it, she'd have a fit. She walked up the stairs to Saraphina's room and saw Christopher placing a kiss on Saraphina's forehead.