8. Date Night

UNEDITED
Please ignore typos and grammatical errors.

#

"Ayyappa what to do? This monster Manik will make me crazy!"
I mumbled to myself as I sat on our bed trying to think what to do to make the monster happy.

He was out with Cabir for some work and Kaira was sleeping in her crib and all that I was doing was to sit and curse my stupid monster, suddenly an idea struck my mind as I happily gotup to make the arrangements.

#

I entered the house but it was pitch black, I couldn't see anything.

"Nandini.."

"Kaka.."

"Kaira.."

I called but no response, I reached for the switch board and turned the lights on, but no one was around.

"Wierd"
I made my way towards my room and it was dark too, I sighed and again reached for the switch board and turned the lights on, my eyes grew wide as I looked around.

The furniture downstairs was gone and a small circular table was placed right in the centre of the room with 2 chairs and one baby chair, suddenly I saw Nandini coming down the stairs and Kaira jumped in her arms to reach me, Nandini was wearing a red midi while my little baby Kaira too wore a red frock, looking adorable.

Nandini slowly reached me as he held her hand out asking me to hold it which I gladly did, she pulled me towards the table and made me sit on the chair as I pulled Kaira from her arms to mine as she giggled snuggling close to me.

What's happening?
I asked Nandini as she smiled and turned around without saying anything, she came back with a trolley and then placed the bowls on the table as I kept on looking at her while all she did was smile.

She was about to turn away again but I held her wrist and pulled her closer as our eyes met.

"What is all this Ms Murthy?"
I asked as Kaira giggled playing with my shirt's button.

"It's a date night Mr Malhotra."
She replied and placed a long kiss on my cheek after which she sat down on her chair across the table.

"And what did I do to deserve this?"
I asked.

"Everything."
I was confused with her answer which she probably understood as she continued.

"You take care of our daughter, you take care of me, you concentrate more on my studies then yours, you are always worried about our comfort, every single day I feel more and more blessed to have you in our lives, you handle my mood swings without complaining once while I curse you but you don't say anything or even talk rudely with me.
Manik I know it's not easy to commit to a person or a relationship at this age but you did, it's like your whole world revolves around me and kaira, and today I have realised this fact, you do everything to keep us happy without expecting anything in return, so today I want to make you feel special."
It was rare to have Nandini in a romantic mood and today she was so I didn't want to waste our precious time in having emotional talks.

"Ok fine, I understand, now let's eat I am very hungry!"
She laughed watching my reaction as I placed Kaira in her baby chair and picked up her baby food to feed her when Nandini stopped me.

"You do this everyday, it's my turn, you eat peacefully and I'll feed her."
I didn't want her to feel bad by refusing her to feed Kaira, so I nodded and passed on the bowl to her. Nandini tried to feed Kaira but my baby didn't open her mouth and kept on looking away from Nandini not allowing her to feed. I laughed watching them as I snatched the bowl and spoon from Nandini to feed Kaira which she happily are making Nandini super angry.

"Kaira you are such a daddy's daughter! You didn't eat from mumma's hand but as soon as daddy started to feed you, you are all happy!"
Me and Kaira giggled  watching her reaction as she just pouted and served our dinner.

After the dinner we placed Kaira in her bed as it was her sleeping time.

"So what's next?"
I asked Nandini pulling her close by her waist as she circled her arms around my neck.

"Next we watch a movie cuddling just the way you wanted."
I smiled hearing and pecked her lips as we then changed into our jammies and jumped on the bed, cuddled and watched a movie.

#

The movie ended a long time back but we were still in eachothers arms, we didn't say anything, the project was going to end in a week after which we will have to give our baby, our Kaira up for adoption, and secondly we won't be able to stay together anymore, we won't be able to stay together anymore as a family, our little family, Me, Manik and our daughter Kaira.

I glanced at Manik's face and found him lost in some deep thoughts.

"Where are you lost?"
I asked caressing his cheek as he too looked at me.

"I don't want this to end."
He confessed, I felt tears flood my eyes hearing him as I too didn't want it to end, ever.

"I don't know what to do Manik, I can't...I can't imagine my life without you and Kaira.
I stammered as he rubbed my back.

"I won't let our daughter go away from us Nandini, I promise you."
I just hugged him tight knowing that he will fullfill his promise, by hook or crook.

#

"I won't let our daughter go away from us Nandini, I promise you that."
I promised her, but I myself didn't knew how would I keep on my promise.

I didn't knew what would we do after the project ends and we are forced to return our baby, she not only got us close but also taught us things that we wouldn't have ever understood or learnt in our life, even though Kaira is not related to us by blood but she is a part of us now, which we can't let go, ever.

#

Sorry for the delay guys, we know we are at fault but life is so busy that we just don't get time to write the update.

I do update the stories on my profile CutieAditi regularly, but that's only because it's my own independent story, but this is the one that I write along with my friend StalkerBarbie , and we just get so busy that none of us are able to update.

So again sorry for the delay but this time I will complete this story, only 2-4 parts are left in this story, so keep reading.

Love,
Shraddha and Aditi.