10. Responsibilities.

Unedited, please ignore typos and grammatical mistakes.

____________

8:00 pm.

The car ride was silent, too silent for me to hear the screaming awkwardness between us. Manik was lost in thoughts and honestly, so was i but i didn't wanted to disturb him anymore, so i kept silent.

But there was one good thing about this silence, my baby was sleeping peacefully.

I looked down at her and smiled, then i gazed back at the gentlemen who was seated next to me and my heart skipped a beat and that's when i promised myself that...
Yes, i'd do anything in my power to keep them in my life.

'You're quiet.'
Manik said in a casual tone,

'So are you but I'm mostly silent because kiara is sleeping and we're matured adults, we can talk later when we reach home.' I replied in a calm tone.

'Thank you.' He said after grabbing my hands in his.

I smiled to myself, he's already getting all worked up and we're not even hearing any wedding bells yet.

4 Hours back,

They just can't get married like that! And more over Manik and Nandini are just 21 & 20 respectively, they just can't make their life decisions like that!"
Nandini's Chacha exclaimed while others didn't react.

"They love Kaira as their own daughter, and a parent can do anything and everything for their child without caring about themselves."
Nandini mother pointed out to which everyone agreed.

"But they don't love eachother, they are together just for Kaira's sake."
Manik's dad said to which his mom started.

"Actually they do."
Everyone in the room looked at her shocked as she continued.

"Unknowingly Manik told this to me, and I have noticed this in the past 3 months that they do have a closer, peaceful and loving relation, they still do fight but there is love hidden in it, and I know if they get married they will be the best parents to Kaira, and the best partners to eachother."

"Well they both are adults, even if we don't get them married with our consent they will get married on their own, as they are going to do every possible thing to keep Kaira with them."

Everyone slipped into deep thoughts hearing Nyonika as this was something that they just came to know and had to think about it.

I took a look at my family, they looked tired, almost exhausted and that only made me feel miserable but then Manik decided to speak.

'' We're talking about us getting married, which is not a repulsive option but i'll have to agree with mom."

I shot him a confused look.

"Nandini try to understand we're too young to get married right now."
He tried to explain me and i shook my head in agreement.

"Per Manik beta fir toh tumhe, Kiara ko adopting ke liye dena hoga. What about that ?"
Chachi asked.

"They can still adopt her and become single parents, aab duniya itni advance ho chuki hai shanno ji." Chacha spoke in our support.

"Exactly, chacha ji." Manik supported Chacha.

"Manik, what are you suggesting ?" I asked him and i was joined by everyone else in the room.

"Nandini, what i want to say is that we can still live together and take care of Kiara just like we have been for the past 3 months."
He said it in such a way that it sounded more like a proposal.