Chapter 2 : Trapped

"Enough fighting you two! The Chief wants to see you guys at his office. Jhope, please take them there." demanded Mr. Lee while Jhope nodded. They all went there quietly and met with Mr. Jung, the Chief of the popular Agent Department.

"Good that you kids are here." smiled Mr. Jung.

"Basically my nephew committed suicide by hanging himself in his room with a suicide letter. He wrote a letter about his friends in school. He had no one with him. He also associated with bad people. My niece, a member of the bad groups left our house, leaving clues behind. We have to find her even if this season is the not best as there are dangers going on. I need to find her and the reason why my nephew killed himself as the reason wasn't really stated on the note." sobbed Mr. Jung while Jhope hugged him.

"I appreciated it. Anyways the reason why you guys are chosen is that you guys are one of the talented people. I have seen the cases and works done. It was very and indeed impressive. Please help me and make this mission complete." responded Mr. Jung.

All of us headed to our assigned working room. It had perfectly 5 tables and chairs with computers and laptops for us. I chose my own desk and got seated.

"Guys, we now have to select a leader for this team," said Jhope as he stood up. We did the voting system and most of us voted for Jennie.

"Whatever." she'd roll her eyes and continue to do her work.

My POV ( Jiangchao)
She has beauty and a strong charisma but how can she be so rude.

~
B. I got up from his seat and asked us to gather. He suggested us to introduce each other and be good friends.

"I'm Jhope, your one and only hope. I'm a happy virus."

"I'm Wendy. That's all."

"I'm Kim Han Bin, just call me B.I."

"I'm Jiangchao, the reliable guy."

Everyone turned to Jennie for her turn while she was making weird faces as she heard my name.

"Do I really have to do this?" asked Jennie as she turned to Wendy who was nodding.

"Fine. I'm Jennie Kim known as Kim Jennie."

As soon as I heard her full name, I stood rooted to the ground.

"Jendeuk? The goofy girl who always laugh and get along with everyone in middle school?" I said loudly for everyone to hear.

"How do you even know my nickname? Did you tell him?" questioned Jennie as she turned to Wendy who was confused as well.

"By any chance were you once my middle school classmate? Jiang Chao the skinny boy and the quiet boy?" asked Jennie as she and I stared in disbelief.

"Can't believe you have turned into a dick head." she rolled her eyes in realization while Jhope and BI tried to hold their chuckle while I puffed.

After working, it was break time. Jhope, BI and I headed to the cafeteria.

"Yah, try not to be that harsh on boys. Basically be patient and try to be nice. I know you can at least try." sighed Wendy as she laid her eyes on Jhope.

"Try to look at me more then Jhope. What the.. Perhaps do you like him?" smirked Jennie while Wendy couldn't look at her, blushing hard. After eating, they left the Cafeteria, returning to their office.

"Jennie-shi, here is the report file of Mr. Jung's nephew. There also some pictures of his suicide and his sister," remarked B.I. Their hands touched by a sudden and he accidentally spilled his coffee at her hand.

Jennie's POV
Oh fuck. What the.

~

"Oh no! I'm so damn sorry." stammered B.I as he took out his tissue and wiped off her hand.

"It's fine, I will do it by my self." insisted Jennie.

"Ugh, what the hell was I even thinking? I shouldn't be clumsy these days but I just can't control my feelings around her," stated B.I to himself.

~ Hours Later~

"Damn it, I have to go home before my dad comes from his work and scold me for staying late. And it's like 11.30p.m at the night."Wendy freaked out.

"It's okay. You should, hmm. Maybe use my car and return me back tomorrow." replied Jennie.

"Thank you so much, sweet heart. Sorry for leaving you alone tonight. I owe you a big one."sobbed Wendy as she hugged Jennie and left her alone in the Cafe.

Jennie's POV
Looks like I have to walk myself to the office.

~
"Yah, B.I and I will go to Mr. Jung's Niece school then go to our own house. You will be fine, right?" asked Jhope while I nodded with my eyes on the computer.

Minutes later, I heard the door opened. As I turned to see who it was, it was Jennie entering.

"Oh, so you're staying late, huh?" I asked while she got annoyed by my question. I decided to ask her more questions.

"Yah Kim Jennie, since when did you change your personality?" I asked while staring at her.

"You should keep quiet or else I will kill you by my own hands," she responded. As she and I locked our office door, we headed out. Just when we were about to leave the building, I couldn't open the door entrance. I tried opening With all my strength but it just could not open.

"Don't tell me that we are locked," she asked, folding her hands quietly.

"I'm afraid we are." I gulped my saliva and was ready to be dead by her hands.

"Ugh, now how the heck are we going to get out."

"Maybe we can sleep in the lounge room? They have comfortable couch and chairs." I explained and lead her to the room. Once we entered, I could tell that she was fascinated with the beautiful furnitures placed.

"You sleep in the chair while I will sleep on the sofa," she ordered while I refused.

"No way! I'm sleeping in the sofa." I demanded. We played games. There was no absolute ways that she would win me but she did and she won the sofa. She threw herself in the sofa and rested,trying to make me jealous.
"So unfair." I wondered and dreaded to the chair, zoning out, thinking about my ex-girlfriend, Jessica. How she used to wake me up every morning and make breakfast just for me.The room was pretty silent so I decided to break the silence.

"So how's life treating you?"I asked.

"Horrible. My brother died without even thinking about the family. He left me and everyone without a proper goodbye. My ex-boyfriend, I caught him cheating on me. He was such a sweetheart and a fucking jerk. He cheated on me probably because the other girl is prettier than me. She's pretty and not me." she responded and sighed, taking deep breaths.

"Well, I think you're pretty. You have visuals and beauty which shocks everyone. Well,unlike your break up,my ex-girlfriend dumped me as she couldn't focus on her work because I distracted her too much."I replied as she was stunned by what I said. She continued to close her eyes.
By then, she fell asleep. As I played my phone, I saw her shivering in cold. I quickly covered her with my coat.

"Kim Jennie,you're really the same girl who makes my heart beat fast Since young." I thought to myself.