Chapter 8 : Meeting my Ex.

Jhope sat at the sofa, playing his phone but he still got bored. He missed me,Wendy and Moco a lot. After hours later, the others arrived.

"Where's Jiangchao?" B.I asked while he took off his shoes.

"He left." Jhope answered sadly.

"He what?!" Jennie yelled.

"He left as he missed his family. He won't be staying with us anymore." Jhope sobbed dramatically while Wendy took the oppourtiny to hug him and confront him.

~

"Welcome back, my sunshine!" Mom eagerly hugged me tightly.

"Uhh,Mum. I can't breathe." I panicked while she pulled the hug.

"I can't believe you did not even call or text us when you were away." she scolded me while we made our way to the dining table. I hugged my sister and her husband.

"Wow, our cute JiangChao has grown up well." My sister joked.We were joined by my cousin and relatives. I had no one near my age as all the kids were young. I played with them while the elders cooked and sang.

"Uncle Uncle!" my nephew,Kim Taejin shouted while I hugged him.

"Where's aunt Jessica? I miss her." He asked curiously,looking everywhere,trying to find her.

"She's sick so she is not here." I lied. I knew he and Jessica got along well and didn't meet for a couple of long period.

"Awwee,I want to meet her." He said cutely.

"No you can't." My sister came and said furiously. I guess she overheard us. For hours my nephew kept on begging my sister to meet Jessica. I finally told my sister that I will be taking Taejin to meet Jessica for a while.

~

"Are you sure?" She whispered while I nodded.

~

I drove to the toy shop to buy toys with Taejin for him. I was saturated with happiness and took pictures of him.

After buying his toys, we went to the bakery

After buying his toys, we went to the bakery. We ordered cupcakes for Jessica and waited for our order. The smell was so good that I wanted to eat. I got my phone out and secretly took pictures of my nephew again.

 I got my phone out and secretly took pictures of my nephew again

"How can you be so cute

"How can you be so cute." I smiled as I pinched his cheeks. We both took the cupcakes as it was ready and arrived at Jessica's place. I sure was nervous and was shivering. I overcame my fears and knocked on her door. As soon as she opened the door, I could tell that she was surprised to see me and excited to see Taejin.

"Aunty Aunty!" Taejin squealed in excitement and hugged her tightly. Jessica looked at me while I gave her a look, explaining that I will tell her why I came. While Taejin went to the toilet, I quickly told Jessica the reason why we came.

"I'm just here as Taejin wanted to visit and missed you a lot. He doesn't know that we have separated and if he finds out he will probably be mad and sad so just act like we both are together for a while. I am sorry for any actions that disappoint you." I explained and apologized to her.

"It's fine and I will act along for today." She smiled.
Taejin got out of the toilet and took out the gift we both bought. A necklace and at least six favorite cupcakes of hers.

"It's for you, Aunty." He exclaimed.

  Jessica smiled and laughed at his cuteness

Jessica smiled and laughed at his cuteness. I couldn't help but smile back. We watched movies,played toys and had a lot of fun.

"Uncle and Aunty, please hug. I want to take a picture of you two." Taejin shouted while he took my phone.

"Uhm, how about you both do that?" I asked while his happy expression turned into a grumpy one.

"It's fine. We both can do it." Jessica replied while she opened her arms. She and I almost hugged for 5 minutes as Taejin needed time.

"Feels so good to hug him back after a long period of time. His same cologne,his same arm arms." Jessica thought.

It was time to go. Taejin got up and kissed Jessica on the cheeks. He went to my car while I thanked Jessica.

I went to my car and drove quietly back as my nephew had fallen asleep. As I drove, my mind drifted to Jessica.

Time is a funny thing. It has this way of wearing down memories until they are like the soft edges of an old photograph. I can still see Jessica and I on that cloudy gray morning, laughing at nothing at all, but the image no longer cuts into me the way it once did. I remember the day you left, the apology in the way she brushed my hand and a goodbye in the look in her eyes. She had left me just for her god damn career.

But I also I remember the day we met. Our first kiss. I remember summer nights of driving aimlessly down empty roads, and the stars that shone so far above us. I remember days of crisp autumn air and the letters she wrote me in handwriting that was as crooked as her smile. I remember staying up far too late talking to her, and I would whisper into the phone from beneath my bed covers like the teenager I was. I also remember the first time I woke up without her name on my lips. And I got up and got dressed, and I didn't think of her, and everybody says it takes time but I didn't really believe them until now. The words it gets better has very little meaning when it can't possibly get worse. I realized I had to freaking move on. Then I thought of Jennie. The girl who makes me smile and laugh no matter what happens. The girl who makes me come to work just because I want to see her and talk to her. She is the reason to everything I love. But the words and action she did. She did broke my heart. And now I still don't know what to do.

~

I got out of my car and opened the door,carrying Taejin. As I entered, I found out that almost everybody was asleep. I laid Taejin down in the guest room and went back to sleep.