Ch. 20 Questions

Taehyung pov

I woke with a start a heavy weight across my hip and a chest pressed to my back. A smile crept across my face as I lay there for a minute enjoying the warmth and comfort. After a minute I began climbing out of the death grip Jungkook had on my hip with a couple grumbles of protest from him.

"Come on let's go get something to eat." I said shaking Jungkook awake. He rolled on to his back stretching while wiping his eyes groggily.

We made our way down the stairs to the kitchen. Yoongi, Hoseok, Namjoon, and Jimin were all in there eating away at various breakfast foods and talking, but as soon as me and Jungkook crossed the threshold I was bombarded with questions.

"What the hell was that yesterday?"

"Who's Lee Laon?"

"What made you know it was him?"

"Hello Tae! We're speaking to you!"

I wanted to crawl into a hole and never come back out. From me skipping down the stairs in happiness hoping to get some food and maybe do some training turned into a interrogation. My breath caught in my lungs and I was ready to dart out of the room when two hands came around my waist and chest to my back.

"Deep breaths baby," Jungkook whispered in my ear pressing a kiss to my temple. His soft raspy morning voice calming my nerves. "Now come on and sit down and we'll explain it all to them."

Hands interlocked we made our way to the table and sat down where everyone else was seated. They all stared at me intently waiting for me to reply to their questions. I took a couple deep breaths before I opened my mouth.

"Lee Laon, he's h-he's my stepdad." I breathed out, all the boys looked at me in shock before Yoongi answered.

"How'd you know he was the one who wanted you dead?"

"That's the thing I didn't know. Not until the mission." I took in another shaky breath, Jungkook squeezed my hand in support for me to carry on. "When we were in the conference room hacking the files they had a speaker come up on stage. And it ended up being him, when I heard his voice I guess I moved my head up too fast or something cause he looked me dead in the eyes. It's not the look you think he would have had like he saw a ghost, or rejoice at the sight of me not being dead, but instead he looked as if he had a weapon in hand I would have been dead on the spot no question asked."

"Damn." Yoongi said and all the other boys nodded.

"He knows I'm not dead what are we gonna do?" I said looking at Yoongi.

"Nothing." I snapped my head around at his comment shocked.

"What!?" I screeched

Yoongi huffed out a breath before saying anything. "He called us to kill you, but he gave us the reason why. He wanted your company to his self and you had to be out of the picture for that. So that's why you were supposed to be killed. Since he has the business he's not going to let it get out that you're alive cause then he'll lose it all, so we do absolutely nothing."

I nodded in agreement with Yoongi. I looked down and started eating my cereal to engulfed in my own thoughts to join in on the conversation. Why did Laon still look so angry then? Shouldn't it be over he shouldn't care if I'm alive or not. Cause if I would have come out that I'm still alive I would have done it before a whole month could pass.
"Taehyung." I looked up at the sound of my name to have everyone looking at me.

"Umm.. yeah." I said wiping milk from the side of my mouth.

"Ok good you're listening this time. Ok so you and Kook are going to a strip club to steal data from the managers phone. Specifically the stuff about their sex trafficking, and drug cartels. Don't look at me like that we're only getting the sex trafficking information so we can stop it jeez." Yoongi said and I scribbled notes on a paper pad I snagged from the counter. "We maybe in a Mafia, but we don't want no damn sex trafficking. People don't deserve that shit, but we do want the drugs so we can make more money by knocking out the competitors."