Chapter Seventeen - Matthew's POV:

OMG so this is the FIRST time since I started writing this story to write it in somebody's else's point of view. So this is Matthew's POV :) I hope I wrote it well ._. tell me honestly what you think :D Kisses

  Chapter Seventeen:

Jenna dragged me inside leaving Marc and Chloe alone, I knew she wanted to give them some space but it hurt me that Marc was right. He certainly had a better chance with Chloe that I did. Jenna left my side and joined her other friends while I stared out of the window. My heart fell at the sight of Chloe and Marc sharing a hug. She was smiling at him her eyes sparkling with happiness. I moved away not standing the sight of them together anymore and sat down for a cup of water.

A strange girl suddenly sat by my side, too close. She started talking about herself but I wasn’t listening to any of her words. I was thinking of what happened before Marc interrupted ever so rudely. I thought of her in my arms and my lips on hers. She looked so hot specifically in that dress that I couldn’t stand staying away from her for a second. She was so attractive in every way and it pissed the hell out of me that other people were seeing that too.

The girl put her hand on my chest and asked me to go up with her to my room but I just shrugged her off and got up, suddenly I saw Marc entering the house expecting Chloe to be with him but he was alone. He was about to close the door, but opened it and said aloud words that seemed to be a result of a long conversation:

“You choose both, you choose none and you hurt everyone. You hurt one and you do the other one a favor. You can’t date both, it’ll just hurt everyone”

I froze as it hit me that he meant both of us and was talking to Chloe. He closed the door behind him and went straight to the pool on the other side of the house. I peeked out of the window and saw Chloe staring blankly at the door obviously thinking of what Marc just said. I was dying to go out and hold her in my arms but couldn’t drag myself out of the house. However, the moment I thought of Jeremy coming after her my hands curled into fists and I headed immediately to the couch where the strange girl was sitting and grabbed my jacket. I took another peek from the window before leaving but stopped still in my place. Chloe was on the phone and her face turned white as a sheet of paper. I panicked right then and jumped out of the house to see her looking so scared.

I pretended I was going to get something from my car but she immediately called after me and said in a shaky voice: “Matthew please can you take me home? Something bad had happened and mom won’t tell me what it is”

I nodded and in no time we were driving to her house.

“Didn’t she at least hint what it was?” I asked.

She shook her head and said: “She tried to hide her tears but I knew she was crying. She wouldn’t tell me anything until I got back home”

I nodded and accelerated until I reached her home and parked outside. She got out of the car and I followed her inside as well. Her mom opened the door so quickly and threw herself on Chloe. I wanted to ask permission to leave but I wanted to make sure Chloe was alright first.

“Mom what’s wrong? You’re scaring me”

Chloe’s mom lead us inside and closed the door behind her then held her daughter’s hand gently. She was shaking all over.

“Chloe honey your dad passed away earlier today and they are bringing in the body in few hours”

Mrs. Martin fell on the sofa hiding her face in her hands. Chloe looked so pale and her eyes wide with shock. I put my arms around her shoulders but she wouldn’t respond in any way.