Chapter Twenty-Three - Matthew's POV:

Chapter Twenty-Three:

“Matthew what are you talking about?” Chloe asked in a scared voice. I felt my heart tear up as I pushed her away and asked her to do as told. She didn’t ask anymore questions and turned away from me, giving me one last hurt look before taking off towards her home.  

“I love you” I whispered once she disappeared into the horizon. I took one last deep breath before jumping into the car.  After a while when I was on the road I dialed Marc’s number and waited, few rings and he picked up the phone waiting for me to start speaking.

“Looks like you lost your voice from the last call Marc” I said sarcastically. He took a deep breath into the phone before answering: “I can’t believe you even dared to touch her and she let you”.

I fell silent not even knowing what to say. Even though I hated him with my heart and soul but I kind of felt bad for him and guilty.

“It wasn’t Chloe’s fault” I said finally after a long silence not expecting him to feel any better now that I took all the blame. “Of course it’s not her fault, she wasn’t kissing you back” He said sarcastically. I took a deep breath before saying: “I swear to god Marc that she wouldn’t have even stayed two more seconds with you if she knew what are you up to.”

“If you really loved her, you would have respected her choices but you obviously don’t” Marc stated sounding very tired and upset. I hated the part of me that pitied him because of the old days. “I can’t let her throw herself at someone who will kill her sooner or later” I said meaning every word of it.

“Who said anyone is going to kill her? We just need a specific thing then we let her go” Marc suggested expecting to fool me.

“Please Marc save it” I said rolling my eyes at his words. He took a deep breath then asked: “Where are you now?” I bit my inner cheek and said in a stern voice: “Anything else left to be said other than your continuous warnings?”

“Yes, I would like to make a deal with you” and he closed the phone not even waiting for me to tell him my location. I checked the rearview mirror to see a black Mercedes behind me flashing it’s front lights at me. I parked on the side of the road and waited in the car. Marc suddenly got out of the car and ran towards me, I rolled down the window and said: “That was fast”. He smirked his eyes hidden behind his sunglasses. “You seem to forget that you are watched bro by one of the strongest organizations in the world” I faked a smile before getting out of the car self assured that I was making the biggest mistake of my life.

“So what’s up with you now?” I asked folding my arms into my chest. He removed his sunglasses and said to me in a serious voice: “I will drop all the threats against your family and yourself if you stay away from Chloe”. I let out a bitter laugh before saying sarcastically: “Took you days to think about that new deal didn’t you?”

He grabbed my collar roughly hissing at me: “I’m trying to be polite in here when I’m supposed to be chopping your head right now! Did you forget that that bitch cheated on me with you?”. I grabbed his hands and shoved him off on the car on his front tying both his hands behind his back.

“Call her that again and I’ll be the one chopping your head off!” I shouted angrily.

“Release me asshole” He pleaded obviously hurt. I didn’t usually use these harsh methods on anyone but I was starting to lose control over my anger whenever he was around.

“I have one word for you Marc, you want Chloe or my family, you have to kill me first” I stated as I released him and punched him throwing him on the ground his mouth bleeding.

“Since when have you become this good?” He asked horrified. I smirked and said: “I had to prepare myself for events like this”. I gave him one last pat on the shoulder before heading towards my car.

 Suddenly I felt a strong hit on my head that almost cracked my skull. I fell down flat on my front, drops of blood pouring down my face all the way to the ground. I shut my eyes for a second after feeling an enormous headache that blurred my vision. I heard then a bitter familiar close from where I was laying.

“Next time you want to hit one of the IVC don’t forget that there is always a back-up”

Jeremy’s disgusting voice came to my ears as he bent down and lifted my bleeding head from my hair. “Get it McLain? Stay away from the girl or I’ll make you and your family disappear” He said warningly letting my hair go and knocking my head down on the ground. I waited for a couple of second until they thought I couldn’t stand then got up  quickly and kicked his jaw with my foot breaking it I hoped. He fell down on the floor as I punched Marc and sent him flying too. “You are the ones who will stay away from her mother*ckers” I shouted angrily as I kicked Jeremy in his belly one more time.

I turned to walk towards my car to suddenly hear a gun shot as it hit my chest from behind sending a massive pain through out all my body. “Not too soon McLain” Said one of the guards bitterly. My vision went blurry as I put my hand on my chest to stop the bleeding but it was too much to stop. I turned towards Marc who was white as a paper and Jeremy who had a big grin on his face then fell down everything going black in front of me.