Chapter 20

I had to start taking school more seriously. So I had a plan. A bet if you will. I had to go to school full time for an entire week. Once that was completed, I'd make another bet and so on. The last time I actually attended school was before I ran off for that month. So it was really time to return and get my butt into gear. I had to work on my future.

"Well looks like you didn't die afterall," Travis called out behind me.

I halted at the top of the stairs and turned around. I grinned, "And look whose not in jail. How long has it been since your last visit in the slammer?"

"Yesterday actually. Spent less than a hour there until my dad came and got me."

"And how are you being punished? A rough pat on the back and all is forgiven?" I asked.

"Not even that. He just said don't do that again."

"You got it very lucky, Travis."

"Yeah," he chuckled. "So where have have you been? You've been MIA. People think you died."

"Just been busy with drama, but I'm back."

"Good good. Is it safe to say I missed you?" he asked.

"Missed me in bed?"

"Yea. That mostly," he admitted.

I smiled, "Now get gone. I have class," I shooed him with my hands.

"Fine fine, lunch?" he suggested.

"Maybe. I may have stuff to do." I waved goodbye then made my way down the hall. I got numerous of looks from people as I walked in the hallway. People were stunned to see me.

Just as I was about to walk into my first class, I was surprised to look ahead and see Piers. He headed towards me and we met halfway.

"What are you doing here?"

"Just came to check if your principal made those changes.. And I also wanted to check up on you." He said, "You just left me a note that you were heading to school today."

"It was a last minute decision."

"Oh," Piers glanced around us at the students that were attentively watching us.

"They probably think you're going to arrest me, " I mumbled.

He raised his brows, "I could if you want. I mean, you could come back to the station with me."

"You're encouraging me to skip?" Well wasn't this a surprising turn of events.

"This is the last place you should be right now."

"I've missed enough of school as is." I couldn't hide away forever. "And I'm just bruised. It's not like I'm going to die being here."

"I guess you're right."

"It will be fine," I shrugged.

"Well isn't this great. Sherry has graced us with her presence once again." Imogen hollered out as she approached Piers and I.

"Hey," I smiled.

Imogen smiled at me then looked over at Piers. "Is she in trouble again?"

"No, she's not," Piers said.

"Good," Imogen chuckled.

**

I made my way through the automatic sliding door of the police station and went into main entrance. Piers would surely be surprised to see me here at lunch, especially after making a big stink about not wanting to ditch today. But after all the uncomfortable stares I got from my classmates, I didn't want to stay any longer. It's like they all knew what had happened. Some of the students gave me a slight nod whereas others had a sad look on their faces. What were they told? What did they know that I didn't?