Chapter 21

His gestures with my hand caught me off guard. I frowned.

Piers's hand returned to the hem of my shirt and slid the material up once again. Instead of stopping him, I let him examine the bruises that covered my stomach. His fingertips traced the bruises ever so gently. "You sure it's nothing more then bruised?" he asked. "Does it hurt? There could be some internal damage."

"Naw, I feel normal. It's all good."

"I should have took you to the hospital."

"That would have been really unnecessary," I said. "It doesn't hurt much now anyways." I tried to assure him with a smile.  He didn't need to go all concerned daddy on me now. I was fine then and I am still fine. "Relax daddy, all is good."

"It would be impossible to be a 3 year old father."

I had completely forgotten that Piers was only 2.5, close to 3 years older than me.

I shrugged, "I wouldn't be surprised if at some point being a father at 3 is possible. Science is proving some weird shit nowadays." If you can selectively choose which gender you want your unborn baby to have, being a father at 3 is not too far away.

"That is still impossible," he said.

"Anything is possible if you just believe," I said quoting a scene from Pinocchio.

"Wow that was...really inspirational."

"I'm in a very inspirational mood it seems," I shrugged.

Piers placed his hands securely on my side, then lifted me up so I stood on my own two feet. "We should open the door and blinds now."

"I kind of like it," he admitted. "No-one has come in to pile more paper work on me."

"Since when have you become a complainer, huh?" I raised a brow. "You loved what you did."

"I guess you're outlook on things is kinda getting to me."

"Well snap out of it boy cuz the last thing I need is to be around a slacker." I just started to become more motivated to do better in school and now his worth ethic and attitude towards his career is lacking? Why must he change now? Why?!

"Relax, Sherry. I just kinda like having the privacy," Piers stood up and smiled at me as his hands smothered across my cheek and down the nape of my neck. "As long as we are quiet and don't respond when there is a knock at the door, they won't even know we are here."

I huffed, "You're going to get us both into trouble."

"Don't make a peep and we're good."

"You know, for someone who isn't attracted to me one bit, you're quite in a touchy, feel, kind of mood."

"I lied before." Piers shrugged then leaned into me, his mouth engulfed mine.

I brought my finger to his lips to stop him. I staggered backwards, hitting my back against the wall. "This is very wrong... You said it yourself, it can't happen."

He chuckled, looking a bit surprised. "I think we've both said things we weren't very honest about."

"What if I don't want this?" I mean sure there was obviously something going on between us. The sexual tension was there but I just got my life back on track. I finally escaped Sterling. I just returned to school for the very first time today, making a big effort in trying to get my education on track. And here he was...Finally admitting that he wanted me...And yes my mouth watered at the thought but there is something very wrong and risky about this. Not just for myself, but for Piers too.