Chapter Thirty Four

Congrats to the winner of the contest, bree82599!

LIVE LOVE AND NIALL HORAN

Chapter Thirty Four

I woke up the next morning alone in Niall's bed, but the place where he had slept was still warm. I groggily looked up to see him rummaging through his suitcase for clothes. He was wearing just his boxers.

"Good morning, babe," Niall smiled as he looked over at me, realizing I had woken. "I'm going to take a shower, I'll be right back."

Too sleepy to ask any questions, I just nodded and watched as he left the room, a bundle of clothes in hand. Getting out of the comfy bed, I zipped open my suitcase to find today's outfit. Choosing a pair of white MOTO Topshop high waisted shorts and a pink corset bustier top, I quickly changed and ran a brush through my tangled blonde locks.

Niall had mentioned a date last night. He said it was a surprise, only mentioning that we were going down to a lake, but that was all he'd give away. And that is was within walking distance from the house.

There was a knock at the door. 

"It's me," Josh's voice called. "Everybody decent?"

I rolled my eyes as I let him in. "Good morning to you too."

Josh took what looked like a small piece of black plastic and shoved it in my pocket. "Just in case... It's from Sean."

"What is it?" I asked curiously, looking at his wary expression. "What does it do?"

"Um," Josh looked at his feet. "It's a tracking device. That leads to my phone. In case Holly, you know, tries something..."

I groaned. "I'm not scared of her! How many times do I have to say it?"

"Well," Josh said nervously. "Sean and I kinda are. It's just in case of emergencies..."

"Whatever," I sighed. "But I'm telling you, nothing's gonna happen."

*

After a quick small brunch, Niall and I head off. It was almost 2 in the afternoon. He had a backpack of something, probably food.

"So you'll never guess what Josh and Sean stuffed in my pocket this morning," I sighed as I was reminded of the little black chip.

"I know, Sean told me before we left," Niall slipped his hand in mine. "I doubt we'll need it. Holly's not crazy."

I wasn't too sure about that, but I let him convince me. Soon, we were surrounded by greens. It was like a light forest, where nobody else could see. The only sounds were the birds chirping and our footsteps crunching. It didn't take long to reach the lake, and I had to say, it was beautiful. The water sparkled from the little sunlight coming in through the trees, but because of the tree it was nice and dark.