Chapter 4: Chitanda's fever (part 1)

Hi guys! Sorry for the slow update. I was going to update earlier but we had no electricity because of a typhoon(bagyong Glenda to be exact)T^T. Anyways, here's the update! It might be boring so I'll say sorry in advanced.

*bows* I'm very sorry! Okay, I'll shut up now. (not that I can shut up when I'm only typing)

Anyway, enjoy reading!

~~

Hotarou Oreki's POV

"Nee-san! Do you have some clothes that I can borrow?" I asked. She gave me a weirded out look.

"Hotarou, are you a cross dresser?" she asked.

"What? No! I just need some, my clubmate is here and she needs a change of clothes." I said.

"Okay, okay. No need to overreact." she put her hands in the air as she walks to her closet. I went to the living room where Chitanda was. I lent her a towel in the meantime while waiting for the clothes I asked from Nee-san. I could see that she was shivering. I couldn't help but be worried about her and sat beside her and shared my towel.

"It's okay, Oreki-san. I'm fine with this towel." she said while pointing the towel she has.

"No, if we share, you won't feel so cold anymore." I said. I don't know what I was saying but I decided to just go along with it.

"Thank you." she said quietly. After a few seconds, Nee-san came in with a set of clothes. I took the clothes from her and thanked her.

"Here, you can use this." I said handing her the clothes.

"You can take a shower in my sister's bathroom." I said. She nodded and went to the bathroom quietly. On the other hand, I went upstairs to my own bathroom and took a shower. As I was in the shower, I kept worrying about Chitanda. 

What if she gets sick? What if it was my fault?

These thoughts kept filling my head but when I realized I had been in the shower for too long, I stopped the shower and dried myself. After putting my clothes on, I went downstairs to check on Chitanda. She's sitting on the sofa...

"Achoo~!"

I was startled by her sneeze and so I went to her immediately.

"Oh! I didn't notice you were there, Oreki-san." she said smiling. I didn't respond and put the back of my palm on her forehead. It's hot...

"Chitanda, you have a fever." I said.

"Don't worry about me. It will go away immediately!" she said.

"Are you sure?" I asked.

"Yup!" And with that I shut up. The rain still hasn't stopped so she stayed a while more. It was really quiet until she sneezed again.

"Achoo~!" I ignored it at first since she assured me that it will go away.

"Achoo~!" Now I became worried. It was the third time already. I looked at her but she still looks fine.

*sniff sniff* "A... Achoo~!" Fourth time! It's the fourth time already. I'm really worried that she might get sick so I asked her again.

"Are you really sure that you're alright?" I said stretching the word 'really' a little bit.

"Mmhmm! I'm alright! I just need to rest a bit." There she goes again with her smile. I still feel uneasy about this. To make sure, I went to the kitchen to heat up some leftover soup we have.

"Oreki-san, where are you going?"

"To the kitchen." I answered shortly.

"I'll come with you." she said.