Chapter 7: School Trip

Thank you for the 500+ reads T~T ←these are tears of joy

~~

Hotarou Oreki's POV

Another boring day... well, for me at least. For the others... meh.

"Ya Hotarou! Stop standing there like a statue. We're going to be late for the bus!" Satoshi, recklessly wasting energy as ever, shouted.

"Yeah yeah, I'm coming.." I mutter under my breath. I slowly walk over to him while he's giddily lifting his heels from the ground repeatedly like a little child impatiently waiting for his mother.

"What year is it?! Hurry up!" He complains. I ignore him and continue walking slowly.

"Ugh~!" He grunts.

》After 1427383638364 minutes...》

"Hallelujah!" Satoshi shouts in joy, looking like he can kiss the ground already. We're finally at school where we will assemble for the 2 days and 1 night trip.

"ATTENTION ALL STUDENTS. PLEASE FORM STRAIGHT LINES AND PAY ATTENTION FOR THE ASSEMBLY." The voice of one of the teachers booms through the microphone.

"THE BUS ASSIGNMENTS ARE...       

•••••••••••••

•••••••••••••

•••••••••••••

BUS FOUR FOR 1-C AND 2-B. THE BUS WILL DEPART IN 5 MINUTES. PLEASE GO TO YOUR RESPECTIVE BUSES. THANK YOU."

The announcement of the teacher ends and I sluggishly walk with Satoshi to our bus. I'm surprised a bus can even hold two classes. Just before I could get in the bus, I notice Chitanda walking to her bus with Ibara. She looks happy...

"Hotarou, get in already." Satoshi snaps me out of it.

"Un," I reply and get in the bus with my head down. What's gotten into me?

I raise my head up and notice the students in the bus.

• • •

NO

There is no way I will stay here with this noisy class and with cramped space. Satoshi just got in and he's already making a ruckus with the other students. I turn around again, about to go out of the bus only to be stopped by a hand.

"Aww~ come on Hotarou. Don't miss out on the fun! This is a once in a life time event!" He flails his arms around. How did he even get here so fast?

"It happens every year." I said.

"Don't be such a party pooper. C'mon, just sit here." He pulls me to a vacant seat in front.

"There you go! Are you satisfied now, Mr Picky Lazy and Energy-saving Hotarou?" He teases, and one thing's for sure: I'm not gonna waste my energy getting pissed off by this guy. -_-" Yes, I shall call him 'this guy' starting from today.

"Oh yeah! Where's Kumi-chan? I thought we're supposed to be in the same bus?" This guy asks himself. Just on cue, a student barges in, sweaty and panting.

"Oh, speak of the devil." He said.

"I thought... I was... going to be late." She pants in between her line.

"Nope, you're just in time =)" This guy assures her.

"I don't think there are any more available seats.." She looks around, trying to find a vacant seat.

"You can sit beside Hotarou ;)" ...Damn you, this guy...

"E-eh?!" She reacts.

Kumi-chan: > \ \ < *What should I do?*

"C'mon, it's not so hard to do." ←This guy. He pushes Takahashi-san to the seat beside me, right next to the window.

"There! My work here is done." No one assigned you to do this you idiot.

"Fukube-san, please take your seat." The teacher-in-charge comes in.

"Wokayyyyy~" He informally replies.

"The bus will leave now." The teacher announces. No turning back now. I shouldn't even have come. This is a waste of time and energy. Whatever, I'll just use this time to sleep. I closed my eyes and not long after I started to doze off.

Kumiko Takahashi's POV

He's beside me!!! > \ \ <  It's just 15 minutes into the trip and I'm already feeling like this. I can't possibly have mutual feelings for him, can I? I've only known him for how many weeks?! I need to calm down.

Inhale, exhale. Inhale, exhale.

I've calmed down now. I try to look at him so that I can engage in a normal conversation with him, but before I could do that, I felt something on my shoulder. I looked to my shoulder and his head is on it. His head is... >\\\< He's sleeping... Oh no! What should I do? What should I do?! I can't move or else I'm gonna wake him up.

I look to him again.... No, I won't wake him up. I'll just stay like this if I have to. After how many minutes, I started feeling a little drowsy until I finally gave up and slept.

》》》After 1 hour 》》》

Hotarou Oreki's POV

-___-

o___-

-___o

o___o  ... How long was I asleep? Why do I feel something heavy on my head? Why am I asking so many questions?

(Author: Because I control you. Bwahahahahahaha~ XD)

I analyze my surroundings and I finally recognize that I'm in the bus. But there's still something heavy on my head though... Wait, Takahashi-san is besde me. I finally realize the position I'm in. My head is resting on her shoulder and hers is on my head.

(Author: It's the opposite now XD)

This is kind of uncomfortable... (more of awkward) I move my hand to wake her up but she did before I even touched her.

"Hm? Oreki-san?" She says as she wakes up. She then looks at me then blinks several times.

"A-ah! I'm so sorry! >\\\<" She apologizes and lifts her head up. I fix my position and stretched a little. 

"Wake up sleepy heads! We're here!" The teacher shouts. The other students who just woke up stretches and some of them groans.

"You may now go out one by one." Sensei says and immediately I get my bag and go out first. It's hot...

"The BEEEEAAAAACCHH~" The idiot's voice is heard and he ran past me running to the seashore. Really childish... 

The other classes also come out of their buses. I spot Chitanda and Ibara coming out of their bus.

"Hey Hotarou." Satoshi puts his arm around me. He came out of nowhere. Did he teleport?

"Since this is the beach and beaches are meant for us to swim at..." Not exactly you idiot.

"We will see girls in swimsuits right?" This guy... this perverted guy... I don't know you. -__-"

~~

A/N: Sorry for the short update. It's 10:00 pm in my country right now and I'm really sleepy~~~ I'm sorry if there are typos. And please understand how hard it is for a girl like me to write in a guy's perspective. If there are male readers out there, do you mind giving me advice on what a boy would do in these types of situations? Thank you in advanced. That's all for this A/N =)