Backstory • 14

3 am

Taehyung cuddled in Jungkook's chest while the younger played with his hair."So? Gonna tell us what the hell is going on?"

Mrs Kim nodded and sighed before starting."I was your father's soulmate. But then I felt my heart aching for another person, Taehyungie. And how could I ignore it? I didn't want to leave you and your dad but when I understood the strings were just a formality and they didn't actually decide who you love, the council made me leave. It was my punishment for discovering the secret.
I had nowhere to go with my soulmate, the council took his home. And Seulgi was nice enough to let us stay in her house. Then she told me about you.", Mrs Kim smiled."I knew you were suffering, yet I had to stay away. But now I'm here. Taehyung, I'm leaving the country in the morning with my soulmate and I'm taking you with me."

Taehyung's eyes widened and he abruptly sat up."B-But
...what about Jungkook?"

Mrs Kim smiled from ear to ear."Well he is very welcome with us."

Taehyung's face lit up and he turned to the younger, who had a blank expression."Jungkookie?"

"Tae, baby listen-"

"You're coming with us right?", the elder turned to face the boy."Tae I can't. I'm sorry."

"What - what - do you mean you can't? Jungkook I want to be with you, don't you love me?"

Seulgi and Mrs Kim quietly left the living room, deciding to not bother the young couple.

"I love you but...Taehyung I can't suddenly leave my family, my education and my friends just to be with you.", Jungkook spoke sternly.

"But-But you're my soulmate we can-"

"This isn't something that will make me change my decision.", Jungkook smiled sadly and cupped Taehyung's face."I love you but I can't leave my whole life yet. You know I'm younger, you know my parents won't let me...god...you know that I can't..."

Taehyung removed Jungkook's hands from his face."So you're telling me that after I practically lost you I'm really losing you again?"

Jungkook sighed."I didn't want that to happen...you know I care about you but I can't just collect my stuff and leave overnight. Also, I'm planning to report the council member to the police and destroy all of his hidden crimes."

Taehyung's eyes turned glossy. His bottom lip trembled and he got up from the couch."I knew it...I fucking knew my soulmate will leave me..."

"Tae-"

"I wish I hadn't met you.", the elder mumbled and ran to their shared bedroom.

Jungkook's hands hung at his sides and the lump in his throat was huge.

But he sat down on the couch and pulled out his phone to dial the police.

🌻🍓

A/N I'm kinda in a  dull mood so my chapters turn out weird I'm sorry