Chapter 15

You Were There For Me Through Gifts:

(Disclaimer: I do not own Harry Potter. And there are some lines in this chapter taken from Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire.)

Chapter 15:

Tom inhaled quickly when he was inside what appeared to be his memory of being injured after the duel. He followed himself closely and waited with excitement to see who had helped him that time.

Was it H?

Or was it not? If so how did they know about H?

At first there was no one and all of a sudden two spells were aimed at him. Where the spells did come from when there was no one there near him?

Tom watched in bated breath when a figure emerged out of thin air and he realized they must have been using a charm to be invisible or the invisibility cloak he had studied about in the magical objects and its properties book.

Lillian Potter…

Tom’s eyes widened looking at Potter kneeling down and started healing him.

So many questions rose in him…

Is Lillian Potter the one who sent him all those gifts?

What is his relation with H?

If he's not H then how he came to know about H?

Even putting aside all that, how did Lillian knew he was injured, lying there?

Even if it was a coincidence, why did he help him?

Even if he helped him out of humanity, why did he run away?

Why is he pretending that he didn’t know about Tom personally even after healing him?

So many questions yet there was no answer to calm his mind.

Lillian bent down tapping his right leg with his wand and muttered Ferula.

Tom watched himself from a third person view and was surprised to see expressions other than rage on his usually blank face. After a while of casting healing charms on him, Potter looked closely at Tom without touching him while his past self had finally calmed down and stopped yelling.

He watched Potter observing him for any injuries and looked at his face closely, extended his hand and caressed Tom’s face so tenderly.

Oh, Tom remembered it. How he remembered that almost tender enough to melt him touch?

He watched Potter uttering a sleeping spell and while he was on the verge of sleeping, Potter leaned down again and kissed his forehead.

Tom’s heart started to beat irregularly looking at the sight in the pensive.

Why did Potter do that? It almost looked like Potter cared for him genuinely.

Potter then muttered near his ear,

“Sorry, I lied to you. I am not H. Take care”

Tom watched his past self sleeping and Potter transfigured a bed for him, levitated his past self on the bed and charmed the door safe for the defenseless him lying on the transfigured bed before exiting it. Tom tried to follow but the memory became hazy and he knew it will only display as long as he is aware of his surroundings or be conscious in it.

Tom emerged from the pensive with a stunned look in his face and removed the memory from the pensive without leaving a magical trace.

Tom bowed down traditionally to Mr. Avery who was looking at him curiously and said thank you for letting him use this expensive magical object. He didn’t say a word about anything after that and moved towards Avery’s room where he is staying for the time being.