3. Destined For You

➖〰️➖〰️➖〰️➖〰️➖

➖〰️➖〰️➖〰️➖〰️➖

Some days, we play. Some days, we sit silently beside each other, counting our blessings.

When my thoughts chase each other in a race of spirals, it doesn't take me long to reach the point that we so often just push past through.

Destiny.

How is it that everything in our life is just fated to be? Ofcourse, not everything is fated, but most important things are. No matter what turn we take, we somehow end up reaching those major points in life anyway, maybe except a few people not making it into it and few unintended ones doing.

What if we were never meant to meet?

The thought alone gives me a foreign feeling, as though it was never meant to make any more sense than I was making of it at the moment.

Life had never been so steady until you held my hand to steady my footing, my world finding more semblance with every confident smile and every encouraging squeeze you gave my hand.

We were meant to be.

And then my mind treads further, dangerously close to the line where I should probably stop. But how do I, when the cliff below is so endearing, the danger in the air intoxicating my senses so smugly?

Every single event in our life, be it our success or failures, our love or heartbreaks, our friendships or betrayals... every choice we ever made was eventually to lead us to each other.

At this point I know I should step back, but I now crave for nothing more than to fall back into the calming waters of the cliff, the air lulling me even more into it. It was the power of destiny I was high on, the waters I was suddenly at the point of testing.

What if I just... fall back and let go?

By this time my room dissolves around me, the fact even more that I was sitting by the edge of the bed, supposed to be playing see saw with you before I decided to chase the thrill of this impulse.

Each day with you has been another day of letting go of all the irrelevant things I'd been holding on to until you stepped in, the myriad of blissful memories with you chasing away the ones not worth keeping anymore.

And so I know, letting go was not going to be hard. Not because there was nothing to let go of, but because you were going to catch me.

I can still see the cliff in my mind as I unwind my arms from around your neck, shutting my eyes as I felt the power of my action pulse through my veins.

And then, I let go.

It's so soft, the fall, that I don't even feel it. My back arches behind, a little more, a little more, a little further until I can feel the blood rush up into my head, the effect exhilarating, the thought about you catching me lost somewhere in between.

It's over as soon as it's begun.

When I open my eyes, I find myself sandwiched between the bed and you, your eyes looking so... blown. Your arms are wrapped around me like a blanket so secure, for a moment all I can focus upon is your breath on my neck.

"Are you okay?" you ask, pushing away the stray strands of hair from my face.

"Never better," I reply breathily as your worry dissipates, being instantly replaced by a little mischief.

"You know you're crazy, right?" he laughs, kissing the side of my neck in a gentle nuzzle. My arms find themselves out of his grasp and around his neck, laughing softly into his ears before whispered.

"The crazy destined for you."

➖〰️➖〰️➖〰️➖〰️➖