Why Him Jesse?

Lukas's P.O.V:

I am walking to the store to get some more food for everyone and I am about to open the door, but someone else opens it for me. I go look to see who it is and......... it's Aiden.

"Lukas, I didn't mean to hurt you or anything. I wanna make it up to everyone, but it is so hard since I have hurt so many people." Oh.. My.. God.. Is he crying?! Alright, time out. Where is the real Aiden? Instead of saying something mean I just reply, "You don't have to do anything, just be nicer. Act like you are new person. It will take time for people to warm up to you. Believe me, I know." Aiden smiles and he exclaims excitedly, "Also I got you a bow; it has flame and punch!" He hands me the bow and I smile back at him. "Wow, thanks!" I realize he is still holding the door for me so I say my goodbyes and walk inside.

Aiden's P.O.V:

I walk away from the store and I think about Lukas' advice. I go looking for Maya and Gill, but I can't find them. Then I head to the table and see a note; I read it and it says,

Dear Aiden,

Gill and I don't want to stay here any longer. We are leaving to continue our own lives. Gill and I started dating and we don't like staying here in Beacon Town. I mean it's a lovely place, and you have changed. You are less pushy, but this isn't because of you why were are leaving; it's us.

From Maya.

Oh, I think I know why they left; I was so busy worrying about Jesse that I completely ignored them. Now that I really think about it, I don't have anyone but Jesse to hang out with.

Jesse's P.O.V:

Lukas comes up to me and asks, "I was wondering if we could hang out? I mean, we haven't done so in a long time." I know we haven't, I have been worrying about Aiden to much that I ignored my friends. "You know, I would love to!" I reply. Lukas smiles at me and says shyly, "Oh, I, uh, I got you some f-flowers." I take the flowers and look up at Lukas and say, "Gosh, thanks. They look so pretty." Lukas smiles and adds, "Though I want to talk to you about something." He looks concerned so I thought there was a problem. "Yes?" I ask. Lukas hesitates for a moment then he says, "Why him, Jesse?" Who are yo- oh him. "Aiden has changed, trust me Lukas." Lukas gets really mad and he snaps at me, "No, you trust me! I know Aiden; this is a trap. I don't know when, but soon he will strike. I don't want to see you get hurt! You are blind Jesse! You need to stop being so caring and innocent!" I scoff at him. I'm blind?! I turn around and run out of the building.

Lukas' P.O.V:

"I want to talk to you about something." Jesse starts paying attention after I said that and she asks, "Yes?" I hesitate for a moment then I say, "Why him, Jesse?" She looks confused for a moment then upset, "Aiden has changed, trust me Lukas." I get blinded by madness and I snap at her angrily, "No! You trust me! I know Aiden; this is a trap. I don't know when, but soon he will strike. I don't want to see you get hurt! You are blind Jesse! You need to stop being so caring and innocent!" Did I just say that?! Tell me I didn't. Jesse scoffs at me and she turns around and runs out. I leave the store and walk away.

***

Jesse doesn't want to hang out with me. I just am so jealous. I'm going to apologize to her, and I'm going to say my feelings.

I head out to find where Jesse is. I assumed she might be at the treehouse, but when I got up, I just saw Axel, Olivia, and Petra; oh Jack and Nurm also.