Chapter 6

Chapter(s): Chapter 3
[Word Count: 1184 words]
Song: Ain't it Fun, Paramore

LUKE'S BEDROOM WITH THE BOYS in it has always been times of joy, laughter, and story-telling. Whenever any of the boys were here and I wasn't invited to listen in, I'd press my ear to the door to capture a glimpse of the scene. I'd always hear them laughing and cursing each other out. It always made me want to be with them. But whenever I wasn't invited, it was because they were planning some band thing or conspiring against me or something along those lines so at the end of the day, I didn't let it bother me. It was only because Luke would invite me to spend the night in his room or now, when I was here with Calum Hood and Luke.

   Cal sat cross-legged on Luke's bed and sighed in relief. He really looked handsome and it made me feel some sort of way for him. I tried refuting those thoughts away because I liked Luke, but I couldn't help it. Calum has always looked after me and has given me a lot of love and friendship, especially in these past few years. When Ashton and I had broken up, Cal called me and listened to me cry for half an hour about it. Luke hadn't known until weeks later that we had broken up and was upset I didn't call him.

   "Els, how was your senior year?" Cal asked, offering a friendly smile.

   I shrugged, sitting beside him. "Audie, Josh, and I really made an effort this year. Grades were good, no drama this year, and I kept encounters with the fair folk to a minimal."

   Luke let out a laugh as he took a seat in his desk chair. "'Fair folk?' Is that what you call the popular kids?"

   Cal grinned. "I like it. They think all the kids at the bottom, the un-popular kids, are all plebeians."

   I pointed at Cal with my thumb whilst looking at Luke. "That's basically my reasoning behind it. I kept to football this year, skateboarding in my free time, and reading. Hanging with Audie and Josh whenever I could too."

   "I've only seen them once or twice—Audie that is. Haven't met Josh." Cal said, looking down as if he were disappointed.

   "Met Audie and Josh, not a lot though." Luke commented, stretching his long arms out. Luke turned back to me. "Let's do something else. I am bored as hell."

   "Bored listening to your best friend talk about the few months without you?" I said, tsking and shaking my head. "Shame on you."

   Cal rubbed my shoulder. "It's alright Els. I was interested."

   "Shut the fuck up Cal. Quit your ass-licking or leave." Luke said, looking at us with a straight face.

   "Alright. Whatever. We abide by your terms, Luc." I rolled my eyes.

   "Oi! Quit the eye-rolling, Elle."

    I sighed. "Let's play a game."

   Luke beamed. "Let's play my favorite!" My best friend sounded like a young child in the lower forms.

   "And would that be, Luke?"

   "Would You Rather?" He smirked, raising his eyebrows. He was definitely implying a dirty game of Would You Rather, which I was not interested in having.

   "What about Ten questions?" Cal offered innocently.

   "I agree with Cal. We should play that rather than listen to the vulgarity that comes out of your mouth."

   "Fine." Luke rolled his eyes.

   "Oi! Quit the eye-rolling, Luke." I shot at Luke, remembering his comment from earlier.