Chapter 11

Chapter(s): Chapter 5
[word count: 1436 words]
Song: Can We Dance, The Vamps

CAMILLA WEATHERS AND I became close friends by the end of her visit to the Hemmings Residence. We talked about our education, music, living in Australia, our distinctive friends, and food. Camilla played with the pillows on my bed and laughed the whole time, as I did on the beanbag on the floor. It reminded me of my times with Audie which were never boring and always full of laughter.

   "Alright Ellie, lemme ask you this: Boys at your school—good or bad?" She used a thumbs up for good and thumbs down for bad.

   I put up a thumbs halfway. "They were okay. Not good looking and not totally bad looking. I mean, they were still..." I paused looking for the right word. "Maturing."

   Camilla giggled. "I'd say same but mine is closer towards the top because at one point there was some good looking guys when I was a freshman and they were seniors. Graduating last year, most of the cute guys were underclassmen."

   I couldn't help but smile. "Damn Camilla."

   "Yeah." She hugged a pillow on my bed again. "When am I gonna be allowed to stay over, Ellie? I'll definitely stay."

   I got up and sat next to her on the bed. "Soon. I'm still organizing my stuff here. I never fully unpack until it's time to re-pack all of my belongings."

   Camilla rolled onto her back. "I can help! But only as long as we can put on music."

I playfully punched her arm. "Deal. I just need to get clothes in drawers and my laptop unpacked and just—I need this room to feel like my bedroom, not a guest bedroom."

   She got up. "I feel you. In such a grand house like the Hemmings,' it must be hard to try and fit in."

   I sighed, also getting off of the bed. "It's sorta always been hard." I reached for my suitcase and put it on top of the bed. "My mum and Liz have been best friends since grade school. As soon as I was born, my mum and dad held me and then Liz. So she's like another mum. Especially since I was born a month after Luke. We were bound to be best friends."

   She grabbed some of my clothes and started separating everything. "That's good then. You knew Luke before he was famous."

   I sighed. "Fame has changed him, Camilla. He's become different." I grabbed some shirts and put them in the top drawer of the dresser.

"Different, how, Ellie?" She handed me my jeans.

"He seems more entitled to certain things. He's making more money in one paycheck than I'll see in my house ever." I put the jeans in the drawer below the shirts.

"That's what Alyssum has made him become. She's always acted entitled, especially when she became a model." Camilla sat back on my bed and pulled out some more clothes.

"She's a model?" I reached for my computer bag next to Camilla on the floor.

"Oh yeah. She just did a campaign for some makeup company. She was the cover of quite a few magazines all throughout the continent."

I sighed, taking out my laptop and connecting it to the outlet. "They say fame looks for fame. I guess that's Luke's problem."

"If you ask me for my opinion, I'd say he doesn't like her."

   I turned on my laptop and opened YouTube. "I don't even know, Camilla. I just want to survive this summer."

   She smiled. "I feel you." She paused. "Also, put on something good. Like—" She paused again and laughed, "The Vamps because Bradley Simpson is absolutely gorgeous."