Chapter 15: Is this guilt?

Jaerim's P.O.V.

I was surprised to see Sophie with her red and swollen eyes because of crying, obviously. But why did she cry? Is she okay?

"Sophie.." I called out to her as I saw her approaching me.

Once she stood in front of me, She lifted her hand and suddenly slapped me hard on my face. "SLUT!"

I caressed my cheek where she slapped me with my right hand and looked at her with my surprised widen eyes. "W-What? What are you saying? I'm not a slut, Sophie." I said, with my lips trembling in shock.

"Do you think I would believe you?" She said, pointing her forefinger right to my forehead. "Min-ah knows every fucking little thing about you and every little thing that's going on with you and Kai!!" She said, gritting her teeth in anger.

Min-ah? Aish. That girl. She really wants to make my life miserable. Aigoo."And you believe her? Sophie, Kai and I don't-"

"Shut up, Jaerim!!" She didn't let me finish my sentence and continue speaking. "You befriended Kai just to seduce him and make him yours!! Isn't that what sluts are expert for? SEDUCING A GUY." She said, emphasizing the last phrase.

This time, I can't manage to hold the emotions inside of me anymore, so without second thoughts, I slapped her cheek. "You don't know anything about me, Sophie! So don't you dare judge me for something I am truly not!" I countered, trying not to hurt her more.

She caressed her cheek as she glared at me. "Then, what's going on between you and Kai?! Nothing? Oh, please Jaerim. Don't play stupid with me. I know Kai ever since we're kids.. And the way you looked at each other? FUCK! I KNOW THERE'S SOMETHING FISHY GOING ON BETWEEN YOU TWO!" She said, losing her elegance and class, with her tears falling down her cheeks nonstop.

By the way we looked at each other? Geez, this chic is a crackhole! What is she saying? Tsk.

I didn't mind responding to her since the words in my mouth can't seem to come out. So, simply. I just stood here, with random thoughts going in my mind. I really can't take this anymore. I want to explain everything to her but I already know she wouldn't believe me, even if I try explaining. Geez. Why is my life this freaking complicated?!

"You won't speak, huh?" She asked, grabbing my arm tightly this time and pushed me, which made me hit the cold ground. "You can't reason out with me now, huh, slut?! You can't think of any excuse to say to me so you'll just stay quiet now, is that it?" She said again, with anger written all over her face.

I slowly and weakly stood up from the cold ground and looked at her. I saw tears coming out of her red, swollen eyes as she comes close. She lifted her right hand again, ready to slap me.

I don't know why but my eyes just instinctively close, waiting for the pain in my cheek...

But as I waited for it, I felt nothing.

Seconds later, I heard Sophie whined. "H-Hey.. You're hurting me..."

With that, I opened my eyes to see Kyungsoo holding Sophie's wrist tightly. Kyungsoo? Where the hell did he come from and what the hell is he doing here??

"You don't have the rights, to verbally and physically hurt her." Kyungsoo said, as if he's threatening Sophie then pulled me behind his back with his free hand and slowly let go of Sophie's wrist.

"And who are you supposed to be? Jaerim's new boytoy, huh? Gosh! What a SLUT!" Sophie told Kyungsoo, glancing up and down Kyungsoo's body as she caressed her aching wrist with her other hand.