Chapter 28: The Party

Jaerim’s P.O.V.

I woke up when I felt an empty space next to me. Kai? I flutter my eyes open, seeing that he was gone. I slowly sat up on the bed to roam my eyes around the room, looking for him. He’s completely gone. Where could he be? As my eyes roamed, I saw a rectangular box, neatly wrapped in a fuschia wrapper with a ribbon on top of it, at the foot of the bed. Hm? What’s this? I took a closer look and noticed that there was a tiny note. I read it and it states there:

<Good morning, jagiya. :) Sorry, I can’t spend the morning with you. I left early to buy some other things for you. So here, wear this tonight, okay? :D I’ll pick you up at 7. I love you. ♥ -Kai.>

Oh! It’s his stepmom’s birthday party tonight. I almost forgot. *sigh* After that, I slowly opened the box and I saw, that there were diamond jewelries on top of the red gown. Aigoo! That Kai! How could he spend so much just for these?! Tsk. <(`^´)>

I shook my head as I saw these stuffs that Kai bought me. What a big spender! I got off the bed and when I walked out of the room, I tripped on something and fell on the floor. Aish!! I looked at what I tripped on, and.. Shoes? It’s a dark red stilettos. I’m sure Kai bought this as well.

I just got out of my room, and headed downstairs.

As I reached downstairs, I saw Kris oppa talking to someone on his phone angrily.

“Oppa?” I called, as I approached him slowly.

He turned to face me, after he ended the call. He brushed his hair with his free hand  before started speaking. “Oh, you’re awake. What do you want to eat?” He asked calmly. All of a sudden.

“Ah, I’m good with egg and bacon.” I said. He smiled stiffly and entered the kitchen. What is he hiding? I trailed off behind him.

“Just sit there and I’ll cook.” He said, putting on the blue apron.

I just nodded. “Oppa! You’ll go to Kai’s stepmom’s birthday party, right?” I asked.

“Of course. Shane and I will come.” He said, as he still focused on cooking.

I smiled to what he said. “Hmmm? What should I give to her as a birthday present?” I asked him again, as I placed a finger on my chin, pretending I’m thinking of something.

“Well, why don’t you bake something for her? I mean, she’s already rich. Material things won’t matter to her.” Kris said, placing a plate of egg and bacon with fried rice on top of the table.

“You have a point, oppa! Thanks!” I said, smiling at him. He ruffled my hair and smiled as well. “It’s no big deal, dongsaeng. Now, eat up.” He said, exiting the kitchen.

After I’m done eating, I clean up the table and did the dishes.

Then, I started baking some brownies asa gift for Kai’s stepmom. I wish I could do this successfully! Hehe. ∩__∩

-------------------------

It’s almost 6 P.M., after I finished baking those brownies. It was really hard! But I have to say the brownies I made are damn gooooood! <(@ ̄︶ ̄@)>

I looked at the wall clock on the kitchen and noticed, it was already 6. My eyes widened in surprise and run upstairs to fix and dress myself. Aigoo! I only have an hour to prepare! Geez!

As I got upstairs, I quickly took a shower. After I’m done, I immediately put on the red dress, the jewelries and the shoes Kai gave to me. This is just too much but nevermind.. Then I dry my hair with a blower, curl it in big curls with my curler and put a light make-up on.