Chapter 26

1 week later

Niall's POV

Today is the day I'm proposing to Megan and to be honest I'm freaking out. I have everything set up. Its one of the fanciest restaurants in town. Here's my plan, I'm going to pick Megan up at her dorm while wearing a tux. Then I'm going to escort her to the limo I rented with a bottle of wine in it. Next were going to eat and have a great time. And finally after dessert I'm going to pop the question. I've had my speech since I got the freaking ring and I'm so nervous. I'm currently walking to Megan's dorm and I'm seriously shaking. I knock twice and wait for Megan to open it. When she does I can feel myself drooling. She's wearing a strapless red dress that stops at mid thigh, her makeup is done but it's very light, and her her is in a bun with some curled strands down. She looks gorgeous. "You look amazing." I manage to say. "You don't look to bad yourself." "Shall we?" "We shall." We link arms and walk down to the rented limo. Megan gasps and the driver opens the door for us and we get in. Once were seated I wrap my arm around her and we sit there in a comfortable silence.

Megan's POV

I don't know why Niall did all of this. I know it's not our anniversary and it is Christmas Eve so maybe that's what this is for. As we step out of the limo I see we are at the fanciest restaurants in town. I'm starting to think it may be our anniversary. We eat dinner and order dessert and I can't help but notice Niall is shaking. I gently place my hand on top of his and he seems to calm down but not really. We eat dessert and I can tell Niall is really nervous. I'm just confused on why.

Niall's POV

Dinner went by to fast and so did dessert. What am I going to do if she says no? "Megan I have to tell you something." "Niall you can tell me anything." Here it goes. "Megan when I first met you everything changed I knew I was going to fall in love with you I just didn't know it was going to be so fast and I definitely didn't think I was going to fall so hard but I know that I'm in love with you and I know that things are going to get rough but I don't care nothing can come between you and I and I love you so much and I know I've said it so many times and there is nothing I would change about you. ok I lied there is one thing I would change. Your last name. Megan Roberts will you marry me?" She's crying and I start to get really nervous. "Yes Niall a thousand times yes." I'm so relived. I kiss her after I slide the ring on her finger. "Here's to a good life Megan Roberts okay?" "Okay."

(A/N don't kill me for using TFIOS quotes throughout this chapter I'm reading the book and it fit. Megan and Niall are engaged but there's one thing missing she doesn't know about Niall leaving for tour.)