Chapter 10

It was Sunday. My eyes opened a bit earlier in time for me to meditate. I still felt broken and a bit angry from last night, and needed to cool off. I sat up in bed, and breathed. After five minutes, I gave up. I got out of the room, and prayed he wasn't still in bed so I could take some clothes and other belongings. The heavens seemed to be on my side because he wasn't. I picked five random outfits from Shannon's choice, shoes, a robe my creams and oils, and basically everything I needed for the week. After making sure the coast was clear again, I moved all the stuff to the guest room. I had a quick shower, and changed into dark jeans. I realised there was no shirt so I wore a stretch lace camisole bra, and covered myself in a robe lightly tying it, grabbing room shoes that were available there. When I stepped out, the smell of warm croissant, and bacon passed through my nostrils my mouth immediately watering.

I forgot about the shirt, and went downstairs. I stepped in the kitchen, and found Lillian by the stove, with breakfast nicely set on the table. She turned around when she felt my presence. She wore a baby pink dress, with her frilly apron along with her signature pearls hanging around her neck.

"Hola Ximena, how did you sleep?" she asked with a sweet smile. I smiled back.

"I slept okay Lillian, How are you?"

"Good good. Christopher should be here soon, he is still upstairs." she said turning back to her pots. I wasn't so eager about that, but I sat down at the island.

"Have you checked with your parents?" she asked, and it dawned on me that I hadn't. I got up then. "I will do that now." I left upstairs, and got in the room to retrieve my phone. I had so many missed calls, it scared me. I wondered where I could have calls without any interruptions and remembered the cosy sitting room, and stepped again.

I scrolled through my contacts to see who to call after my parents when I bumped into him. I looked up, but his eyes were diverted to my body. I looked too, and my robe was opened, exposing my upper body covered by the little to nothing camisole. I felt heat rise up my cheeks and quickly covered up, walking away without another look at him.

Once in the room, I called my parent.

"Hi dad."

"Morning sweetheart, how are you?" He answered and I could tell he was smiling.

"Good, well rested. How's mom?"

"She's good. In the shower, how is the place?"

"It's really pretty, I just wished I could get around easier than having the driver called every time." I said pulling his arm. He always called himself my guardian so my wishes were his commands. He only respected them a few times though because he didn't want me rotten. This time though after Hawaii, I didn't think he could say no.

"I know where you are getting at little girl. This time I beat you to it." He said, paused then added "We had already shipped it when you left to Cuba."

"I love you guys so much thank y-"

"Hey hey hey not so fast. You're getting a driver." He cut me off in the middle of my excitement. My face dropped.

"Oh C'mon, what's the point then? I'll drive safely please." I pleaded. I had my cousin to thank for this treatment. He taught me how to drive when I went to Cali on school break, and we both ended up in a race. We didn't win but it was so fun, and unfortunately my parents found out about the race, and how dangerous they are and since then I've had a driver. I could only drive when they weren't around, or sneaked with Stacy.

"What do you think honey?" I heard him ask. My mom was probably out of the shower now.

"I think she's paid off enough years. You can have a few days, as a test." I heard her say. I jumped.