Chapter 15

They didn't stop coming. Everyday there was a different bouquet of flowers. Lillie, Daisies, Lilacs but most of the days, roses. It really did touch me. I even got a an oriental vase to match with my office for them. He was courteous everyday, and to be honest if I knew he was going to be this sweet working, I would have suggested this 'crazy' thing a long time ago.

On weekends, I would go out with colleagues from the other side who I still preferred to the women on our side. It was quite relaxing especially with no Enzo around. Victoria on the other hand, but he ignored her and blew her off the best part, sometimes it happened in front of me. Juan was planning to visit in three days, and I wondered whether Liam would allow him to stay in one of the guest rooms.

I still hadn't figured out the person's account name where the money was going. Apart from that, everything looked alright with the statements. On my break, I put my earpiece on and called Juan to tease him. He was in the middle of cracking a joke, when Liam walked in. I pursed my lips preventing myself from laughing. He sat down looking curious. I smiled, but at the end of his dad joke I couldn't hold it in, and burst into fits of laughter. He had me teared up, and I had to cover my face from redness. He was chuckling on the other end as well.

"I'm so sorry." I apologized giggling my face still buried.

"It's fine, I know I'm funny." He boasted chuckling, having no idea who I was facing.

"Not you silly, my boss is here." I warned uncovering my face but looking down with a smile afraid I was still red.

"Ooh you're in trouble." He teased and I cut the line, taking out the earpiece.

"Sorry, how may I help?" I asked looking up. He smiled, and I giggled.

"I see you're having fun." He said playing with a pencil he had returned.

"Something like that. I'm back at work now though." I said taking the pencil away from him, rolling my hair up and pinning it with it.

"Why don't you use a pin?"

"Because." I shrugged. An email popped on my screen, and it was from Jose. I opened it, praying he finally had a name.
'Hey little sister, I have the name now but guess what you owe me first?' He said and I frowned replying at once.

I glanced at Liam, and he was staring right back at me. He raised his eyebrows.

"My cousin, he says I owe him." I said looking at his reply.

"A date with a friend. What?!" I exclaimed reading out loud. I looked at Liam and he had a smug smile.

"I told you." He hummed.

"He won't give me the name unless I do. I should have known, he's such a crook this boy." I said shaking my head. I took out the sheets that I had printed myself.

'I didn't come up with this, my friend is the one with the name. He said it's like scrabble.' He wrote again.

"Okay it's his friend not him." I said reassured.

"Still." He pushed with squinted eyes.

"What? You want me to shout that you were right?" I asked playfully glaring at him.
He shrugged. "Maybe."

"But you see you're not, his friend did not him."

"That's still the same thing Skylar."

"Whatever Christopher." I rolled my eyes. He smirked, and my heart skipped a bit. I never saw him do that.

I looked at the papers. Scrabble, scrabble. What the hell was that supposed to mean?

"Ah, I hate men." I sighed frustrated.