Chapter 11

The next day, Lillian left. She said she wanted us to have alone time for a few days. Alone time. What kind of time was that? I thought when she explained. That's like a prison sentence. Now I had no one to talk to physically. She also said the maid will be here doing her daily work, and cooking even though I insisted on cooking. But I suspected it was under Mateo's orders that she was leaving, who I had surprisingly not heard from in a while. At least I only had to ride with him one more time just to know where we worked.

In the morning I had nothing to eat but a granola bar. I researched on the company instead, and other important things I need to know. I emailed Shannon for details, and she later sent me lots of files from her husband. I had nothing to do really so I took my laptop to the movie theater, because I had no study, and I wanted to watch a movie later on.

Her sweet self sent me the financial details. My parents must have told them. By the time I was done with it, and watching my movie, it was late in the afternoon. I had some food, and went upstairs to change for a little jog. On my way out, I stopped in the kitchen to drink a bottle. I was shaking my head to the music in my ears, and clapped along the tempting sound. I turned and saw Liam standing watching with amusement. I felt myself going red. How much more could I possibly have ridiculed myself? I thought throwing away the bottle.

"I'll be back." I said, and scurried away. Once out, I ran a different route from what we drove on yesterday. I got tired, and decided to turn around, stopping for water in a store. I walked on the sidewalks looking around as I did.

"Care to join? " I heard a voice. I turned around to find a guy in a black bmw. He looked older than I was and had dirty blonde almost sandy brown hair with piercing grey eyes. He was one nice looking guy but his eyes gave him away as very suspicious.

" I'm sorry I would rather walk." I smiled apologetically. Wait how did he know I spoke English? I thought. I looked back, and he was still there slowly driving to my walking pace.

"How did you know I spoke English?" I asked.

"I know because I know you and your arrogant boyfriend Liam." he sneered at Liam's name.
I was shocked, and kind of scared. Here I was speaking to a random stranger in a city I wasn't familiar with, and he knew who I was.

"No I'm not a stalker nor killer, but I do know where you live" he said after letting out a throaty laugh. I'm pretty sure you could read my questions on my face.

"Who are you?" I asked creeped out.

"Enzo." he said with a smug smile. He suddenly had a familiar look I couldn't point.

I nodded looking forward.

"Well since you won't have me take you home, do greet Liam darling."  he said winking, then sped off.

My few days were already getting weird. I quickly walked back before another creep could even have a look at me.

I went in, and directly had a shower. I was wondering whether it was worth telling Liam about the encounter or not. I think it was. It was almost sunset, and I wanted to witness it since yesterday I was in before it happened.
I wore some joggers, and a shirt. I looked for him then. Finding him in the movie theater engulfed in a movie, I looked at my phone for sometime.

"Liam?" I called, he hardly glanced, but I knew I still had his attention. I looked at my screen, scrolling through some news.

"Enzo says hi." I said picking a story to read.

"Where did you see him?" His voice had so much venom, my head snapped up to see his face. His eyes were full of hatred. And I thought he hated me. I thought.