Mosque

Assalam Alaikum Warahmotulah Wabarakatuh.

Bismillahi Ar-Rahman Ar-Raheem.

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

SUNNAH OF ENTERING THE MOSQUE

O Allah (The Exalted) grant our master Muhammad (may Allah bless him and grant him peace) the position of the Closest Access the Pre-eminence and the noblest and greatest rank.

Best Place On Earth

‘Abd-Allah ibn ‘Umar (may Allah be pleased with him) narrates that the Messenger of Allah (may Allah bless him and grant him peace) said that, “The best place on earth are the Mosques and the worst are the markets.” (Hakim. Kanzul Ummal. Mughni. Fatawa-e-Razwiyya, Vol: 3, p. 591. Jam’i-ul-Hadith, Vol: 1, p. 503)

People tend to spend more time in the town centres and market places where they should not be and spend minimal time where the mercy of Allah (The Exalted) descends and where you attain peace of mind. However, we spend more time in places like the cinemas and parties (places of trial and tribulation) and expect peace! May Allah (The Exalted) save us from such places and give us understanding of the religion of Islam, Ameen!

When seeing a Mosque

Shaykh ‘Abd al-Haqq Muhaddith-e-Dehelwi (may Allah have mercy upon him) writes in ‘Jazbul Quloob’ when passing by a Mosque it is desirable to recite Salawaat/Durood. One can recite any durood, however, a easy one to remember is as follows:

Assalatu Was-Salaamu ‘Alayka Ya Rasool-Allah

Wa ‘Ala Aalika Wa As-habika Ya Habeeb-Allah

‘Uthman bin Mazun (may Allah be pleased with him) said that, “I asked the Messenger of Allah (may Allah bless him and grant him peace) the permission to leave the society and become a solitary person.” The Messenger of Allah (may Allah bless him and grant him peace) replied, “For my followers to leave the world is to sit in the mosque and wait for the prayer.” (Mishkat)

Subhanallah! Our position is that we don’t want to leave our worldly affairs. We go when the Salaah has began and are the first to leave, proving that we are busy in the world. Let us try to go to the Mosque early and do not rush when leaving. You will feel so much peace and will not want to leave.

Good Deeds, Sins Forgiven And Grades Raised

‘Abd-Allah bin ‘Umar (may Allah be pleased with him) has reported that the Messenger of Allah (may Allah bless him and grant him peace) said that, “When anyone walks to a mosque for congregational prayer, each of his steps obliterates one of his sins replacing it by a good deed, both whilst going and returning.” (Tabrani) Subhanallah!

Light On The Day Of Resurrection

Buraida (may Allah be pleased with him) reported the Messenger of Allah (may Allah bless him and grant him peace) as saying, “Announce to those who make a practice of walking to Mosques during the times of darkness the good news that they will have complete light on the Day of Resurrection.” (Abu Dawood. Ibn Majah. Tabarani, Hakim. Fatawa-e-Razwiyya, Vol: 3, p. 473. Jam’i-ul-Hadith, Vol: 1, p. 515)

Subhanallah! This reward is for those who make the effort although it may be dark and other obstacles.

Complete Believer

Abu Sa’id Al-Khudri (may Allah be pleased with him) has reported the Messenger of Allah (may Allah bless him and grant him peace) as saying “When you see a person who has made a habit of going to the Mosque, give evidence that he is a complete believer.” (Sahih Ibn Hibban. Tirmidhi. ibn Majah. Ahmad. Jam’i-ul-Hadith, Vol: 1, p. 513)