Women's Clothing

Assalam Alaikum Warahmotulah Wabarakatuh.

THE SUNNAH OF WOMENS DRESS

O Allah (The Exalted) bless our master Muhammad (may Allah bless him and grant him peace) and his wives and progeny and all the Prophets and Messengers and closest angels and all the righteous slaves of Allah (The Exalted) in all the rain sky has rained since it was formed and bless our master Muhammad (may Allah bless him and grant him peace) in everything the Earth has produced since it was spread out.

Naked on the Day of Resurrection

The Messenger of Allah (may Allah bless him and grant him peace) said that, "Many women in spite of being dressed will be raised naked on the Day of Resurrection." (Bukhari)

Allahu Akbar! Can we imagine all mankind will be present; do we want to be seen naked? The reason is because although they are clothed, they are not correctly clothed according to the Shari'ah. This could either mean, they wear tight clothing, see through, half sleeves etc. A women's clothing should be loose and covered properly. It is necessary for a woman to wear clothes with full sleeves. Wearing of half sleeve kurtas is unlawful (forbidden) and a major sin (Ghuna-e-Kabeera). It should neither be thin that the contours of the body can be seen. Women who wear such dress will be raised naked on the Day of Resurrection; this needs serious consideration.

Abu Hurayrah (may Allah be pleased with him) narrated that the Prophet (may Allah bless him and grant him peace) once said, "Two kinds of folks would be in the worst situation in Hell. Firstly, those officials who would carry with them whip's looking like the tails of cows, and they would use them for whipping people. Secondly, those women who would be naked despite wearing clothes they would attract strangers (men) towards them and will themselves be attracted to them. Their heads will be hanging on a side like the humps of fast camels. They will neither enter Paradise nor would they even smell the fragrance of it despite the fact that the fragrance of Paradise will reach far distances." (Muslim)

Allahu Akbar! Respected Sister, let us take serious the sayings of the Messenger of Allah (may Allah bless him and grant him peace) and change our lives for the better. Those sisters who already observe this should speak to the other sisters and promote the Sunnah.

Devil looks at you

Ibn Mas'ud (may Allah be pleased with him) has reported the Messenger of Allah (may Allah bless him and grant him peace) as saying that, "A women should be concealed, for when she goes out, the Devil looks at her." (Tirmidhi)

In order to save ourselves from the Shaytan, follow the Sunnah closely, Insha-Allah there will be blessings in our lives and homes too.

Wearing a head scarf

The reason for wearing a headscarf is to cover the hair. Some women wear the scarf in a manner that the front part of the hair is open, meaning the scarf is worn half way on the head, this is forbidden. Some women cover the front part but leave their plaits hanging from the back uncovered. This is also strictly forbidden. The correct method of wearing a scarf is to cover every hair, the ears, neck and chest should also be covered. If a scarf that is worn that the blackness or colour of the hair can be seen meaning it is transparent it is not permissible to wear and if Salaah is offered in this manner it will not count and will have to be repeated. (Fatawa-e-Alamgiri: Vol: 1, page 54. Bahar-e-Shariat Vol:2, page 43)

The Hair

This means that the hair on the head should all be covered and not partly with either some hair from the front showing or from the back as seen in today's society.

Ears

Both ears should also be covered with the scarf and not tie the scarf in such a manner that the ears are open.