Invitation to islam

Assalam Alaikum Warahmotulah Wabarakatuh.

O Allah (The Exalted) grant Your blessings and your favours and Your Mercy to the Master of the Messengers and the Leader of the pious and Seal of the Prophets, our master Muhammad (may Allah bless him and grant him peace), Your slave and Your Messenger, the Pioneer of Goodness and Guide to the Goodness, the Messenger of Mercy.

Allah (The Exalted) sent Prophets (upon them all be peace) to guide mankind and finally He sent our Prophet (may Allah bless him and grant him peace), to guide mankind, this has to continue and the responsibility has been left on this Ummah. Allah (The Exalted) did not have to send the prophets (upon them all be peace) he could have guided without them; however, this is the way He chose to do so. Allah (The Exalted) states:

"And let there be such a group among you, that they may call towards goodness and command what is just and forbid evil. And the very same attained to their goals." ( Surah Aale Imran, Surah No: 3, Verse: 104)

Call Towards The Truth

In Makkah the Messenger of Allah (may Allah bless him and grant him peace), spent thirteen years, calling people towards the worship of Allah (The Exalted) and dissuading people from worshipping others. Even after a lot of difficulties and having stones thrown at him he continued to spread the word of Allah (The Exalted) and inviting people towards the truth.

The Taif Incident

The Messenger of Allah (may Allah bless him and grant him peace), and Zaid bin Haritha, (may Allah be pleased with him) went to Taif to preach the oneness of Allah (The Exalted), and invite people to Islam. When preaching, the Messenger of Allah (may Allah bless him and grant him peace), received so many injuries that he became unconscious. Not only that but the blessed shoes of the Messenger of Allah (may Allah bless him and grant him peace), were filled with blood as the women, children and slaves stoned the Messenger of Allah (may Allah bless him and grant him peace). In spite of all these hardships and sorrow faced in this journey, not a single person embraced Islam, but the heart of the Messenger of Allah (may Allah bless him and grant him peace), was full of love and glorification of Allah (The Exalted).

When his people rejected him, Jibrail (upon whom be peace) came to him and said, "Allah (The Exalted) has heard what your people say to you and how they reject you. He has ordered the angles of the mountains to obey whatever you tell them to do." The angel of the mountains called him, greeted him and said, "Send me to do what you wish. If you wish, I will crush them between the two mountains of Makkah."

The Messenger of Allah (may Allah bless him and grant him peace) said, "Rather, I hope that Allah (The Exalted) will bring forth from their loins those who will worship Allah (The Exalted) alone and not associate anything with Him." (Bukhari, Muslim, and the rest of the Sahih Sitta (the six books of Hadith).)

Alhamdulillah! This is exactly what happened.

Continue to Preach Islam

The position of the Messenger of Allah (may Allah bless him and grant him peace), was that of a caller (Da'i). By his blessing the position of his followers was too, and still is that of conveyor of Allah's word. The Messenger of Allah (may Allah bless him and grant him peace), is the final Prophet. His responsibility extended therefore, to the final Day of Resurrection. He came to communicate the message of monotheism to all the people coming into the world until Day of Judgement. He had to leave the world at the end of the normal human life span. Now the question arose as to who should shoulder the responsibility of communicating the divine message. There was no doubt that this responsibility was to be carried out by the Muslim community. With the Muslim community it still rests. In fact, the Muslim community has, on the Prophet's behalf, to discharge this responsibility until the Day of Resurrection.