Chapter 24 🔥 A Witzardian's Promise

Dedicated to lucyjt.  Hi dear. Thank you so much for reading and voting. This is my special belated greetings. Love lots.

HUMAN REALMTwenty years ago

HUMAN REALM
Twenty years ago

He watched himself acting like a creep. A dangerous stalker that was hell-bent on getting what he wanted...

T-that's me... Then... Veron nervously tapped himself to confirm his suspicion. And he was right, there were two versions of him. The only problem was, 'him' with consciousness was nothing but a projection of his real self.

How on Witzardian is this possible? Veron was confused, trying to decipher the reality of the situation because he was certain of only one fact...

I'm not dead... So... If this isn't a dream then is this an illusion? His brows were knitted to each other as he tried to deduce one possible scenario to another. But in the end, he came up with nothing. He was close to frustration when his attention was shifted to another person beneath him.

Sylvanna... The name left a bitter taste in his mouth as he glared in her direction. So, she saw everything... His face was tinged with red, knowing what crime his real self was planning to do. He fell silent as he watched the things unfold right before his very eyes...

The Faerian Queen wore a conflicted expression as tears pooled around the corners of her eyes. Pursing her lips into a tight line, she vehemently shook her head with her eyes tightly closed. When Sylvie's lashes fluttered open again, the pool of tears that were threatening to spill a minute ago was gone. Her hard unblinking gaze was solely focused on one person she was trailing behind.

Veron was nothing but a dark shadow hopping from one tree to another following an unsuspecting woman's trail. He was wearing a mad man's facial expression as a sinister smile was glued to his face. His eyes not leaving the unsuspecting beautiful woman beneath him.

Nuscha... Sylvie chanted her name into the air as subtly as she could, concentrating towards her clueless friend's direction. She was trying to send her a message, hoping against hope that somehow a miracle would happen and Nuscha would sense the danger that was looming above her. But all her efforts were proven futile, when instead, Nuscha's childlike giggle echoed.

It was a peaceful rainforest but the serenity of the place didn't fool Sylvanna. What was about to come was something she never wanted her friend to suffer, however, she had no other choice but to comply. It was all for the greater good. Or was it? Her doubts were filling her whole being making the dormant residue of Phoenix's essence inside her stir alive, sending her warnings. Sylvie must—at all costs—perform her final obligation as the temporary vessel. Everything must be done according to the plan. All she had to do was wait and do nothing. Veron should finish his mission.