Chapter 1: Lucid

Little girls should not cause this much destruction.

Nor should they be using a dreamcatcher as a weapon, to cause Parisians to fall asleep on the spot. The city was in shambles, cars piled up left and right, their drivers in a deep slumber. Many families were worried for their sleeping loved ones, the fear of them succumbing to the dreams fresh in their minds. Ladybug and Chat Noir had faced many foes in the past, but never had they faced one quite so disastrous.

Standing atop one of the many rooftops of Paris, the two heroes stood before the dreadful akuma, a young child around the age of seven, who had suffered one too many nightmares. Dreamcatcher in hand, her bright violet locks framed her face in an almost anti-gravity way, as she faced the only two beings in her way.

Chat Noir stood alongside his dear partner, baton at the ready. He never imagined one little girl would wreak so much havoc in Paris, but he was more than ready to put an end to it. Ladybug took a pace toward the akumatized girl, who went by the name Lucid.

"Lucid! You must stop this!" Ladybug shouted.

She responded harshly in her young tone, "Nobody understands, Ladybug! I'm tired of all these nightmares. All I want are good dreams!"

"Well she's clearly not feline good," Chat joked with a smirk.

He was shushed by a quick glare from his spotted companion, but Chat Noir could've sworn he saw a glint of amusement in her bluebell eyes. He turned his attention back to the villainous little girl, who was now fuming with annoyance.

Who knew one of the most fierce akumas we'd ever face would be so young and innocent? Chat thought, So small, and yet causing so much peril in the city.

"No one understands me!" Lucid cried cutting into Chat's thoughts, "Everyone needs to sleep and have good dreams, and I'll make sure it happens!"

Ladybug protested, "Lucid, making people sleep isn't something you can just do at any time. It's dangerous! You need to learn that!"

A small smile formed on Chat Noir's lips. His lady was always so intelligent, knowing just what to say. However, Lucid screeched with rage, clearly not impressed, and Chat Noir stepped up to Ladybug's side. The two of them prepared their defenses, yo-yo and baton, with narrowed eyes at the living nightmare. Lucid's blazing eyes met with Ladybug's.

"I've just about had enough of you! I won't let you stop my dreams!" she screamed.

Lucid raised her dreamcatcher into the air, the object shining a dark purple as the akuma rested inside. It started to shine, glowing more bright by the moment as it gave off a harsh black light, and with no warning she unleashed her wrath. The young girl with a dark, glittering mask like the night sky held forth her dreamcatcher, which was now nearly bursting with energy. With no warning, a huge, powerful beam was released from the weavings, bringing along a dark light and an ear-piercing ring with it.

Ladybug stood wide-eyed, as the terrifying blast headed her way in seconds. Chat looked at her frantically. It would only be a few short moments before the cataclysmic beam hit Ladybug, so with no further thought the black cat with the mask ran at Ladybug. It was getting so close!

Three...

Two...

One...

Chat Noir's shoulder made contact with Ladybug's, and with all the force he could muster he slammed the spotted heroine aside, as the blast connected with his chest and immediately sent a terrible, searing pain throughout his entire body. A scream of agony escaped him, and in a cloud of purple and black sparks surrounding him, Chat Noir clutched his chest and collapsed to the ground, blond locks falling in his face.