Chapter 12: Distraught Gunshot

A/N: WOOT, I FINALLY FINISHED THIS!! XD

I apologize for the wait, I was hoping to finish this chapter sooner than I did, but it turned out to be much longer than I was expecting and it's such an important chapter that I had to make it the best one yet! It clocked in at 7.2k words, which is the longest chapter I've ever written for anything and I feel proud! :') This is also the chapter that marks the halfway point for this fanfic, since I have 24 chapters planned. I honestly never thought I would make it this far!

I wanted to give a huge thank you for getting this story to over 5000 views!! I can't believe that many people have seen what I've written, and the kind words and feedback that I have received from you guys makes me happier than you could ever imagine! I love you guys so much, and I want to make this story an even better experience for you guys in the future! <333

Prepare for a lot of angst and emotions in this chapter, and even if it seems like a lot of this is just pointless action, next chapter will reveal how integral these events are. Also, there's a little bit of political/legal talk in this chapter, but please don't make a big deal out of it. I'd like to keep political talk as far away from Fatal Dreaming as possible!

I really hope you'll enjoy! Please leave a comment afterward to let me know what you think!

---

WARNING: This chapter includes:

- Hallucinations

- Gun violence

- City destruction

- Descriptive blood

- Lots of whump and pain

---

Adrien stood in his bedroom, the sunrise filling it with a golden light and reflecting off of the mirror across from him. The green hoodie he threw on was unzipped at the top, separated across his chest as he gazed at the now large, crack-like darkness that swarmed his skin.

It had been one month since the day he had gone to find help from Master Fu, and since then his life had been so busy that he barely found the time to focus on his magical illness.

Hawkmoth had been very busy; Many new akumas appeared in a short time period, which also brought in two new heroes in the form of Carapace and Queen Bee. The most recent battle had Ladybug and Chat Noir against the villain himself, along with a new evil ally that held the long-lost peacock miraculous.

Now, Heroes Day had just been a few days ago, and Adrien's superhero life was settling back down. Of course, with all of his meetings with Ladybug he had ended up sitting with her after one of their fights and fully explaining everything involving Fatal Dreaming. He told her about the curse he got from Lucid's attack, how it gave him nightmares of his worst fear of her getting hurt or killed (He didn't mention his recurring dreams of Marinette), the scar that damaged his body and grew with each bad dream, and about the aid that Master Fu had given him. Thankfully, Ladybug didn't freak out too much and promised to him that she would help him out to the best of her ability until he was cured.

Adrien hadn't found his remedy yet, but he and his lady kept hope in their hearts.

As for the dreams themselves caused by Fatal Dreaming, the blonde took one of the Master's pills every time he slept, and often managed to get through the night without a horrible vision. Many nights when he would rest, expecting to see blood and terror minutes later, he would remain peaceful until the morning, and his scar would not grow or hurt. Other times, however, the medication did not always work and he would continue to see dark, gruesome, and terrifying nightmares of Ladybug and or Marinette getting hurt in some way, ranging from sacrificing their lives for his, to them dying and blaming him for not saving them, to a villain just straight up murdering them, and more.