Chapter 6: You're Never Alone

A/N: I'm feeling a bit of a writers block starting to build, but I'm continuing to write to try and fight it off and I think I'll be good ^^

Anyway, since I'm trying not to get a heavier writers block I forced myself to keep writing, but I feel like this chapter is a bit lazy and rushed, even with editing included. I'm not super proud of this chapter, but I hope you enjoy it anyway.

Also on a separate (but important) note, chapters 1 and 2 were written quite a while before the rest since I took a break after making them before continuing. Needless to say, the story was quite a bit more underdeveloped back then and I kind of hate some of the things Plagg said in chapter 2 (Such as making no mention to the scar that Adrien had) so please don't be mad at me for the inconsistency, but I'm going against a lot of what he said in that chapter... in this chapter.

I basically wanted to use part of this chapter to clear a lot of things up or answer a bunch of questions, and since writing chapter 2 I've now finished planning the fanficition and concluded what the cure would be, going against Plagg saying that there wasn't one, but in this chapter he says there is one. All of the information could be confusing for some people and I'm prepared for that, so please don't hesitate to leave a comment or message me if you have any questions about this story. I will definitely answer them and try to make this as clear as possible!

Sorry for rambling, I basically just wanted to say that chapter 2 is not a good source of information, since I'm changing quite a lot of what was said back then.

We've still got a long way to go so I hope despite the crumminess you still like this chapter and you stay tuned for more! Thanks for all of the support thus far, it really means so so much to me! <3

---

"Hee hee, try to keep up Chaton!"

"Sorry, it's just harder to focus on what's in front of me when someone as beautiful as you is in the way!"

Ladybug giggled as her companion adorned in black threw a wink her way when she looked back at him.

She bypassed running in the direction of the setting sun for the sake of her eyes, as her and Chat Noir spent their typical evening patrol racing along across the rooftops of Paris together. It was a quiet night, the city was glowing with golden lights, and there was no sign of danger. The two heroes had time to just have fun and enjoy themselves.

Three days had gone by since Marinette's day spent with Adrien. Since that time, the wound on her head had gradually healed and was now at the point where she barely noticed it anymore. She was able to freely parkour across Paris with her partner and not recoil in any way.

The two were practically racing as they sped along, barely even keeping focus on the fact that they were supposed to be patrolling. Chat made many attempts to catch up to Ladybug's lead, but to no avail, which always made her snicker. Eventually, the black cat hero grew a smirk before pulling out his baton and using it to vault himself into the air, far enough so that when he landed he had the lead.

"Hey! You cheater!" Ladybug cried out, hiding her giggles.

She picked up the pace, trying to race after Chat, all the while he kept throwing glances back at her to make sure he was still ahead, jumping skillfully from rooftop to rooftop.

Finally, when Ladybug was right at the hero's belt-like tail, she grabbed it to try and tug him backward, but instead yanked so hard that he flew back and crashed into her, causing both of their bodies to tumble back in a heap of limbs, rolling together until they subsided into an exhausted, sprawled mess on the rooftop.