Chapter 7: Princess

A/N: Happy to say that with some help, I went back to some previous chapters and made some minor touch-ups to improve the story. Slowly but surely getting better at writing!

Thank you so much for all of the comments so far! They make me very happy to read and I appreciate all of the support!

Hope you enjoy this chapter :)

---

Cold, soaking drops surged rapidly from Chat Noir's blonde hair into his face, while he sprinted across the buildings through the rainy night. He vaulted from building to building, his destination growing ever closer as he traveled in the direction of the Dupain-Cheng bakery. During the time that he soared over the streets of Paris, thoughts were flying through his mind practically as fast as lightning.

Was this a good idea? Would Marinette really make him feel better so easily?

I can only hope so.

Shouldn't he just go see Master Fu now?

I don't want to disturb him in the night, I should wait until daytime.

What if his father or Nathalie found him missing?

They're asleep right now.

What if they start noticing his exhaustion?

I'll say I have insomnia.

Should he have told Ladybug?

I tried dealing with this myself for a few days but I can't keep this up on my own. I need to take Plagg's advice and let other people who I can trust help me.

Chat blinked his green cat-like eyes as water streamed into them, and caught sight of Marinette's house just up ahead. Thankful for his night vision, he used his baton to leap across the few remaining rooftops and landed on her balcony mere moments later.

He lifted up his hand, smothered in dark leather, and reached down to knock on her trapdoor, but then hesitated. He knew she was awake, judging from the dim light streaming from her bedroom window, but what if she didn't want company, let alone his company?

The last thing I would want to do is bother her, he thought while gently biting his lip.

He then shook his head and metaphysically slapped himself in the face. No, I came all this way to see her. I'm not backing down now.

With a feeling of intensity stirring within him, Chat Noir gently leaned down to Marinette's trapdoor and gave three light knocks.

"Thank you very much! Please come again."

Marinette watched as the final customer for the night exited the bakery. As the bell hanging over the door gave a final ding, her father changed the sign on the front window to 'Closed' and her mother gave a tired stretch.

"Another productive day," she spoke happily before putting her hand on her daughter's shoulder. "Thank you for all of your help Marinette! We always appreciate it, especially after you've been out for a while."

Marinette's father nodded with agreement. "Yes, and those sugar cookies you and your friend Adrien made were delicious!"

The girl blushed, flattered by her mother and father's praise. It was true the cookies had been quite popular among returning customers.

She replied, "Oh, it was nothing! We had a lot of fun baking them, that's for sure."

Both of her parents gave an amused chuckle. She blinked at them.