Introduction

Not every community is normal, Peculiar City is known for kids that randomly have element powers. But one day the small city was attacked by the EVILS, a ruthless organization that looks for peculiar children to take the kids powers for themselves. The city became a quiet town after that and it was rare to find a kid with powers, and the ones that did were neglected by their own families and forced to live in an orphanage. In the orphanage the kids were trained on how to properly use their powers for defense. One day there were two girls that had unusual element powers, fire and water, they were neglected by all. They were only five years old, when Amber, the one with fire powers, decided to go off and live by herself. The orphanage found Una, the girl with water powers, sitting on the curb outside of the orphanage crying silently to herself and decided to take her in. She has lived there for eight years now, and has forgotten of her old friend. Amber, on the other hand, has become very tough, and independent. The girls are now 16 and have grow into their new lives. One day at the orphanage a girl with short blonde hair with bright red tips comes to start a new life at the orphanage. But, her powers are not anything like anyone else's powers, she has fire powers. Her name is Amber. Amber? Una questions to herself, I feel like I once new someone named Amber. Eh, whatever probably nothing. The girls meet, and Una figures out that they are the same age, and both have unique powers. "So Amber, there is this thing we do here every month, that we call The Going Away Ceremony. Where there is this portal, and we have to choose two random people from the orphanage to go through the portal, no one knows what it is like, because the people who go through it, usually never come back..." Una's voice trailed off. "Well isn't that cheerful." Amber says blankly. "Yeah, real cheerful." Una responses sarcastically. Exactly one month later, at 7:03 in the morning Una wakes Amber. "It's breakfast time, they are preparing for The Going Away Ceremony, so we have to get up early." "Great, I'll get dressed." Mumbles Amber. "Children of the orphanage. Today, as you all know it, is the dreaded Going Away Ceremony." There were many boos and shouts from the small crowd of peculiars gathered around the portal. "Now now, settle down. Only two of you will be chosen to go through the portal today. Let's pick. Oh my! The new girl Amber. You have been chosen." "Wait what?!" Cries Una. "I..I um." Stutters Amber as she slowly walks toward the glowing portal. "And our next person is... um, uh, Una." There were many gasps from the crowd, for she was the first child to every enter the orphanage and was like a mother to the younger children. "Wait, me?" "Yes, you Una." Una walks up to the portal and stands there next to Amber. All of a sudden the portal sucks the two of them in, and they go spinning through the portal wondering what lies ahead of them in their new lives.