CHAPTER 4: The Escape

The girls were climbing through the vents until they saw the Queen sleeping and snoring her cold heart out, and right next to her were the viles. Una jumps down, and Amber puts the grate back on and lays on top of it to get an overhead view. Suddenly, CRASH! Amber and the grate come tumbling down right on the Queen!

"GUARDS!!" Yells the Queen.

Then, about 20 guards burst into the room weapons and all. Before they can react, Una breaks the viles and a sudden warmth swarmed them like a blanket covering a cold baby. All their injuries healed the instant their powers touched the flesh of the bloody wounds. Then fire and water light up the girl's eyes once again.

A fire lit the room as a wave of water extinguished the fire and washed up into the hall in the process. They started running toward the exit, but a metal bar came across the exit and was going up and down very fast and with so much force, it could crush a body as fast as you could snap. Una runs and leaps over the bar with no trouble at all. Amber on the other hand wasn't sure when to go.

"Come on!" Screams Una at the top of her lungs.

"Alright...jeez." Mumbled Amber as she got a running start and slides under the pulverizer.

• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •

Una and Amber were bolting down the hall, running for their lives, when guards pop out of nowhere and start shooting. There was just one problem, the darts weren't normal... one of them hit another security guard and he instantly fell to the slick, hard, cement floor in a heap. The darts were tranquilizers and poison in one! They were almost to the exit when a dart flew from a guard's gun and flew right into Una's shoulder. She crumbled to the ground and lay on the floor helplessly. Amber dropped to her knees and instinctively started shaking her, and trying to pull out the dart which wouldn't budge. She looked around just to realize there was no time to lose and the guards were gaining on them. She sends something like a nuclear blast sending the first wave of guards flying. Amber hoists Una on her shoulder but her limp body was too heavy, so she dragged as fast as she could desperate to get out. After what felt like hours of dragging and pulling an unconscious body, Amber falls to the floor exhausted, after about ten seconds, she scrambles to her knees, flops Una onto her back and feels her hand, it was as cold as ice. She pressed her ear to Una's heart, it was only beating every three seconds. Then she had an idea, she hovered her hands over Una's body and took a deep breath. Fire burst from her hands, as Amber hoped and prayed it would warm her up. 

Una sat up so fast that their heads connected with a thump.

"Welcome back" Groaned Amber 

Una said nothing but rub her head. Her eyes were not watery, just their normal blue. Water and waves burst in just as the guards block the door. The powerful girls look at each other and race toward the guards.

Right before they run into them, fire explodes from Amber's palms propelling her over the guards. At the same time Una shot a huge wave which threw her over the guards as they tried to shoot them.

Once they were as far away as possible, they hid under a broken-down car in a abandoned parking lot. Amber lay on her back panting, "Are you alright?" Una asks. "Yeah, I'm just tired because I used all my strength to save you." She said with a grin, her eyes barely open. Her eyes flicker as if a crackling fire was going out. Just before she falls asleep Una pours some water into her mouth.