CHAPTER 3: Recovery

Una woke up first but to find herself in an empty room on a bed with only one window, she was exhausted from The Board and was completely weak. Then click, a man walked in with the same lab coat the Queen had but his eyes were blue and his greasy hair was green.

"Oh, wow your finally awake, my name is Richard, I work as a second in command here." He said energetically.

Una gave him a suspicious look and said "Where am I? Where is Amber? How long have I been here? How long will I stay? When can I get my powers back?" But her voice was so raspy and quiet that the man could barely hear.

"Shhhhhh, calm down its ok, you are in your new home, Amber is still sleeping. You have been here asleep for three days, you are to never leave, and once we trust you guys then you can get your powers back. I think that was all the questions you had..." Richard said thoughtfully.

"Like that will help." Una murmured

"What was that?" Richard asked

"Oh nothing." She replied with a small groan, I got to get outta here. She thought

• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •

One night, Una was pacing around her dark room thinking of ways to escape when a crazy, yet genius thought came to her mind.

"THE VENTS!" She squealed, almost too loud

So with that she started thinking up ways to get into the ceiling vents. She came to the conclusion that if she took one of the bars from her bed frame, she would be able to push the vent up and out of the way. Then she would take the mattress from her bed and jump high enough that she could reach the vent and pull herself up.

Two days of planning later it was time for the test. The lights were out and she was ready to go. She started dismantling her bed and found the largest pole, then she walked over the vent and pushed the grate up and over to the side. She took the mattress off the bed frame and started dragging it over the vent. She stood on the stiff mattress and jumped as hard as she could punch the vent and jumped in, it worked! Una thought.

After three weeks of recovery and visits from the odd gas masked people, Amber finally had a plan for the two girls to escape.

"Hey!" She whispered through the vent that connected their rooms. As Amber jumps down onto the floor in front of her, Una says

"What's on your insane mind now?"

"I have finally found a way to get out of this place!"

"Nice! I do too!"

Then all at once they both point to the vents.

"I have them all mapped out" exclaimed Una.

"So, do I"

"Let's get those viles and get out of here!"