Chapter 11: The EVIL truth

Flash woke up and walked to the fire where Una and Avian were, but no one was there. He just figured that the the love birds had gone for a morning stroll but nevertheless, he used his powers to zap to where ever they were. When he got to the destination he saw the two of them on the floor unconscious, "Oh zap" Flash stated stunned. Then quickly he grabbed Avian and Una's hands and started to drag them back with as much effort he could muster. Once he saw their camp in view he called out to Amber with his hoarse voice, "Amber! Wake up! Please help me over here! Amber!" Amber was still sleeping when Flash started calling for her, groaning she woke up "Flash go back to sleep" she mumbled. When Flash saw that she wasn't going to move anytime soon he let go of Avian and Una and sent a static charge towards Amber. She twitched from the contact, now used to Flash's powers, and finally got up. When she saw what was going on, she sprinted over and helped carry Una. They were half way there when Amber noticed Flash struggling with Avian "do you need to switch? Una is lighter" she offered as she saw Flash grunting to continue, panting Flash agreed and they switched.

They arrived back at the camp site, and attempted to wake up Una and Avian. Nothing was working. They tried and tried; Amber even tried almost setting the two of them on fire, knowing that they can survive it.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Avian and Una woke up in a plain white room. The room had no furniture. There was nothing in it except the two peculiars.

"Avian, where are we." Una spoke quietly and slowly, as if she was in a trance.

Avian could see that she was saying something, but he couldn't hear anything.

"What?" He called back. No response. She wasn't even looking at him. She was concentrated on something on the other end of the room. Avian couldn't see anything, just white. He called to her again.

"Una! Una! Please, listen to me, stop walking!" Avian cried out in vain, but sadly Una didn't reply. Instead she just kept on walking straight. On and on she went, just walking straight in a trance. Avian tried and tried to get her attention, but every time he tried to touch her he would get bounced back as if there was a force field between them. Every time Avian called out to Una, she never replied or even took notice that he was there. In fact, Una couldn't even see nor hear Avian. She thought she was alone. But something told her just to keep walking straight, so she did. Meter after meter, yard after yard, mile after mile, she just kept walking. As Una kept walking, Avian chased after her and reluctantly tried to get her attention.

Suddenly after what seemed like hours of walking, a blue and purple vortex swirled in front of Una. A gravitational pull was trying to suck Una into the vortex, Avian took a huge breath and with all his might he shouted "UNA!" That moment the force field that kept the two apart broke and Avian's voice filled Una's ears. She turned to his direction and tried to grab his outstretched hand, but the pull of the vortex slowly dragged Una closer to the swirl of color. Then all was black.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Una woke with a jolt, sitting straight up. Once she got her bearings back, Una looked around to find herself in a hospital room. She was sitting in the bed wearing a hospital gown and had a dozen tubes connecting her to beeping machines near by. Before she could do anything a doctor came walking in. "Who are you? What am I doing here?" Una questioned the doctor. In return, the doctor just stood there with a sad smile. "Hi there Luna, your in Massachusetts' General Hospital. My name is Dr. Armstrong, and I'm sorry to say... you've been in a coma for 6 years." Una felt like her head was spinning. This couldn't be right, she was in the white room with Avian seconds ago. She remembers Amber's fiery eyes and Flash's horrible jokes. It felt so real, was it not? "I-I'm sorry, did you say Luna? My names Una, you must of misread your sheet" Una forced out trying to make sense of reality. Dr. Armstrong's soft smile falters for a second and she shakes her head, "No ma'am, your birth certificate says Luna Brock. It is understandable why you might forget your full name given the accident that happened." Luna couldn't hear anymore, this was too much, and yet she asked "w-what accident?" "6 years ago you and your parents were on a boat in the middle of a storm. Lightning struck the bow and caused the boat to crash, washing up to the nearest shore. In the morning a local found you and your parents in the crash. Unfortunately by the time all three of you made it to the hospital, your parents were already dead." Dr. Armstrong tapped away on the closest machine, looked down at her papers, then looked back up at Luna "I'm truly sorry."

Later that night, Luna was staring out the window. Sighing, she turned away to face her new reality. But just before she did, something caught her eye. A girl with bright red hair was sitting on a bench by the side walk and was staring back at her. Luna swore she saw the girl wink, then watched her stand up and walk into the darkness of night.

THE END