CHAPTER 5: Similar Strangers

Amber and Una woke up the next day tied up against the old broken-down car. They look around nervous of who their attacker might be, then two shadows lingered over them and out of instinct Amber starts shouting

"Who are you?! Show your monster self! I'll fight you!" She is quickly hushed by a shock of electricity.

Two boys jump down from the roof of the car and stare at them, the boy on the left starts to talk.

"That should be us asking the question. Who are you? What do you want?" He looked slightly older then the boy on the right, his brown hair stuck up in every which way as if he just went through a hurricane.

He had pale eyes that looked as if clouds covered up what might have been blue eyes, and his clothes were all ripped up just like Amber and Una's.

"If you two try to do one thing that we might think of as a threat I will fry you both faster than you can say zap." The boy on the right said, his face was charred up so much it looked like he put his face in a bowl of ashes.

His blonde hair was frizzy and crazy even though it looks like he tries to fix it, his clothes too, ripped up but there were burnt marks on various spots. His eyes were also pale but with a hint of electric yellow, it was as if he had a light bulb in his head.

"Fine. I'll talk but only for the sake of us not getting killed" said Una glaring at Amber

"Sorry! I just tend to have a temper on people I don't trust!" she complained.

"Anyway, my name is Una and this is Amber. I have water powers and she has fire, we are constantly being hunted by the EVILS and we just wanted to camp out here for the night."

Then, the boy's faces soften and the one on the right says

"Oh. We know exactly how that feels, we were caught by the EVILS two years ago and now we just hide out here." He motions around them, then on a lighter note the boy in the left exclaims "Hey! Maybe we can work together! My name is Avian and my buddy here is named Flash. We happen to have powers too! I have wind and Flash has electricity."

"That sounds like a great idea!" Squealed a delighted Una. Avian smirked and bent down to help untie the ropes that held Una against her will, Flash started to kneel down but a burst of flames erupted from the rope and instantly turned to ash. Amber stood up with a smirk and brushed off the access ashes.

"Well it looks like you weren't in need of help" murmured Flash, Amber joined Una and they started walking with Avian and Flash in the rear. As they walked on for hours, Flash caught Avian eyeing Una as she laughed at one of Amber's jokes

"Whacha doing Avian?" He asked

"Huh? Oh, Ummm nothing" stammered Avian

"Don't worry I won't tell, you got dibs on Una right?" Flash challenged

"ya whatever" Avian murmured in reply.

• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •

It's been months now since the first time Una and Amber met the boys.

Run, walk, hide, walk, eat, hide, sleep, repeat.

That was the order of their new life together.

One night while Amber was making a camp fire and Avian and Flash were asleep, Una came over and sat down next to Amber looking extremely blue.

"Hey, you ok? You have been very quiet these last few days" Una asked

"I miss being normal, I miss having a normal life and schedule, I miss having a home and a family, I miss waking up every morning and not having to worry about anyone trying to kill us. I miss my bed, I miss the warm hugs from my mother and the funny jokes from my father. I miss being just a normal teenager. I miss my entire old life!" Amber sucked in a gulp of air, and Una looked astonished. She had no idea that Amber was suffering from her enjoyable past.

"Ok, well that was a lot" she smirks and Amber giggles. "Well, let's not worry and miss what we used to be, but respect what we are and became. There are things in our life that will miss but also have to remember that there will be more in the future whether it will be good or bad. But no matter what happens, the people that truly love you as family, friends, or more will always be with you in your heart." Una stands up and yawns "Just remember that. Well I'm going to go to bed, tomorrows going to be a big day!"

"It always is" Amber murmured in return.