Markus x Reader: Part One

A/N: This is a slight AU where Leo doesn't end up getting Markus dismantled because things happen. Anyway, let's gooooo!

*Gender-neutral chapter*

"Wake up," I smiled, poking Leos face, "wake up!"

He groaned and rolled over to look at me, "what is it, Y/N?"

I smiled, "dad said to wake you up so you could take me to the park!"

He smiled and sighed softly, "alright, give me a minute to get dressed."

Those were the days.

"Leo, can you help me with this homework?"

Not now, Y/N, I'm a little busy. Later." he grunted, hiding whatever was in his hand from me.

"Okay, I'l come back later. Thank you..."

He grew distant.

"Hey, Leo." I poked my head into his room, and spotted him laying on the floor, motionless.

"L-leo! Dad! Call an ambulance!"

What had he done?

"I'm sorry, but he didn't make it."

He couldn't take care of me anymore. Neither could dad.

"Y/N, I know you're 15, but I'd still like someone to look over you. I have someone here to look after you."

"I'm Markus. Pleasure to meet you."

3 years later

"Y/N, time for breakfast!" Markus called from the dining room as I sighed.

"I'm not hungry," I called loudly, glancing over to the calendar and grimacing.

Today was that fateful day that changed and ruined my life. Leo was my older brother, my best friend, the one who took care of me when my dad couldn't. Even as he grew distant, I still cared for him with all of my heart. Without him here I'm taken care of by an.. idiot android. Any other day I could deal with him, could suck it up for my dad, but today it was different. He replaced my brother and I didn't want to see him.

"Hey," Markus spoke, his head poking into my doorway, "you need to eat, come on."

Instantly turning away, I tried to hide the anger in my voice, "I'm not hungry. Jut worry about my dad."

He sighed, "come on. You're always hungry in the morning."

"I'm. Not. Hungry. Go away." I huffed, staring out into the fog outside of my window, "I'm an adult. You don't need to pester me, Markus."

He laughed at that, "well, I do, actually. Carls orders."

I looked over at him, hatred apparent in my eyes, "I'm going to say this once more. I'm not hungry. Get out."

His eyes flickered with hurt as he nodded, "okay. If you want anything, just call. I'll always make you anything you want."

I turned away and said nothing as he walked out, instead getting up and getting dressed. It was about 7:30 AM, but I wasn't about to be stuck in this house all day.

Giving myself a quick once over in the mirror I walked down the stairs and almost made it out the door.

"Y/N."

I turned and bit my lip, "yeah, dad?"

"I'm going to get straight to the point: you can't be like this to Markus just because of what happened to Leo."

"You replaced your own son," I mumbled, my eyes welling up with tears as I ran out of the house.

No one was in sight this early in the morning, but even if people were out I probably couldn't see them with all of this fog. It was dense and made it hard to see anything that wasn't 2 feet in front of you, but the way to my destination was ingrained in my head.

The swings were dark and apparent through the smog and I smiled softly at the memories I held here. I could feel the ghost of Leo's hands pushing me as I sat on the swing, tears trailing down on my face.

"I could've saved him.. Had I just noticed the drugs.. the erratic behaviour anything.." I whimpered, my head in my hands.

I slid off the swing, sitting on the ground in front of it. Pulling my knees to my chest, I finally let myself cry. Cry where no one could see me or tell me that I shouldn't feel how I feel.

"Y/N!" Markus' voice yelled to me, his figure appearing through the dense fog.

"Go away," I cried, my voice coming out weak, "leave me alone, Markus."

"No," he stated, kneeling next to me, "are you hurt?"

I looked up at him, feeling incredibly pathetic. Tears left trails down my cheeks, my eyes were most definitely red from rubbing at them, and my hair was a disheveled mess.

"Depends on how you're asking," I remarked, letting out an empty chuckle, "physically.. I'm fine."

I expected some stupid remark from the deviant. Something about how emotions were something that he was learning, but he could try to help, or something about how I need to talk more about my feelings... But I received none of that, instead he plopped himself onto the ground and took me into his arms.

"Please don't let yourself go through this alone," he whispered into my ear, "I know you blame me, and that's okay, but I promise that I never meant to do anything to replace to your brother. I just wanted to care for you because I-"

He cut himself off as I buried my face in his chest, wrapping my arms around his torso, "Markus.. I'm sorry, forgive me.."

He pulled me into his lap, shushing me like a child, but I no longer cared. I finally figured out what I really wanted, what was really forcing me to act like a spoiled kid.

"Markus." I looked up at him, looking intently into his eyes.

"I love you,"

Another A/N: I know this was short, but I wanted to get something out for you guys! Anyway, should I make a part 2 to this? Let me know in the comments! Thanks~