Connor x Reader *Kinda*

"Can you direct me to the Captains office, please?" I asked a man, tapping his shoulder lightly.

"Listen I don't wa-" he stopped in his tracks as he looked down at me, smirking, "and who might you be, little lady?"

"I'm Y/N, I'm starting today." I replied curtly, just wanting him to tell me whether or not he'd show me the way.

"Well, I'm Gavin. If you ever need anything, I'm your guy," he smiled, but the expression his eyes portrayed didn't quite match, "I'll show you the way, follow me."

So I did. We walk around desks and up to the glass door, which Gavin opened for me.

"Ah, Y/N, I was expecting you. Gavin, can you go get Hank? Afterwards, you can resume duty." Captain Fowler greeted, his eyes flicking up to me, then Gavin.

"Wait, she's gonna be working with Hank? He already has a partner. Why not assign her to be with me?" Gavin complained, a smirk still sitting on his face as he sent a wink over to me.

I felt like I was going to throw up.

"She's young with qualifications you could never dream of having. We need her working on deviancy. Plus, he's got Connor, and you know how much he loves having him around. Now, shut up, and go get him."

Gavin exited, huffing as he did, and his spot was soon replaced by another man.

This must be Hank. He was tall, his hair messy and grey, and he brought the scent of alcohol with him, it seemed, wherever he went.

"What is it, Fowler, Connor and I are a little busy," he groaned, motioning toward the door.

I hadn't noticed the other presence until now. An android stood by, a coin weaving its way between his fingers. He was rather attractive, his stature very professional.

"I'd like to introduce you to the new member of what will now be known as the deviancy team," Fowler said, his hand gesturing toward me.

"That sounds absolutely ridiculous. What are we from, Pokemon?" He groaned, running his hands through his hair.

I snickered at this, getting him to finally turn around to inspect the other person in the room. When his eyes found me they grew and he spun around quickly.

"I'm working with a kid? Damn it, Fowler, are you fucking kidding me?"

"This 'kid' happens to have all of the qualifications, and more, that are needed for this job. Now you will suck it up and welcome her onto the team. Get to work!" Fowler gritted through his teeth, going back to the work on his desk.

Hank walked out angrily, Connor at his heels as I trailed behind. He nearly threw himself into his chair as he covered his face with his hands. Connor took a seat at the desk opposite of him, and I stood a few feet from Hanks chair, trying not to bother him but feeling the need for him to accept me.

"I apologize if my presence is an inconvenience. I'll try my hardest to do my job and stay out of your way," I said softly, staring at my shoes.

"You talk like a damn android. How old are you anyway?" Hank looked over, folding his arms against his chest."

"18," Connor called from across the way, "she was top of the class at the academy and passed all of the classes early so she could get into the workforce."

I bit the inside of my cheek, desperately hoping that: better case scenario, he didn't read into what I didn't want him to see, or: best case scenario, that part of my file wasn't publicly available in the first place.

"Jeez, Connor, that's a little creepy, don't you think?" Hank groaned, rubbing the bridge of his nose, "well whatever. There's an extra chair over there, you can share the desk with Connor, he doesn't really do much."