Chapter 4

[ Dr Manoban Steps In ]

Seulgi came to after a good fifteen minutes had passed.

"Seul, are you sure you're okay?" Jennie asked, she was huddled right next to her on the couch, checking if the dancer was alright.

Seulgi got up, looked around, and seeing as she was still stuck in whatever world or dimension she was in, and groaned.

"You're really still hung up on your imaginary world, are you?"

"It's not an imaginary world, Jennie." Seulgi replied through gritted teeth and Jennie sighed.

"Well, I think my wife would be able to help us."

"Your wife?" Seulgi asked dazed.

Too much info to process and all.

"Come on, Seul." Jennie said as she marched towards the door, Seulgi rushing behind her.

"Your wife? You have a wife?" Seulgi repeated as they made their way out the door.

Jennie talked about her missus the whole ride through, but she never mentioned her name once, making Seulgi wonder who on earth actually managed to sweep Jennie off her feet. The Gucci lover kept commenting on how "she" was always going home late, "she" is always busy cooking up something, and apparently "she" should be able to fix whatever was wrong with Seulgi.

They pulled up at the parking lot of an impressive looking research facility and made their way through the lab when Seulgi realized just who Jennie was talking about.

Tall. Check.

Blonde. Check.

Dressed for some reason in smart casual threads that were not at all revealing. Strangely enough, check.

"Lisa's your wife!" Seulgi exclaimed, catching the attention of the alternate universe Blackpink member who was busy tinkering with some sort of instrument.

"Seulgi! Hey Nini, what brings you two here? Is Seulgi okay? She sounds surprised to know we're married." Lisa noted.

Jennie sighed and quickly explained Seulgi's strange behavior, with Seulgi jumping in every now and then.

The brunette noticed Lisa biting her lip towards the end of their whole explanation, and immediately Jennie realized that the former idol was telling the truth.

Sort of.

"You have something to do with this, don't you?" Jennie asked calmly.

"Well, here's the thing." Lisa started to say as she gestured for them to grab one of the swivel chairs littered around the lab to sit. "See, last night, we had the first trial run of this new instrument I've been designing for months. It's supposed to help study the very thin fabric of time and space, you know, explore the multiple universe theory. But during the meteor shower, one of my lab techs had a mishap with one of our time continuum monitors and accidentally caused a rift in said time and space continuum. Anyways, long story short, there was a temporary black out in the whole facility and when the generators kicked in, one of the earths in the multiple earths we were monitoring suddenly..."

"Suddenly what, Lisa? Imploded or something?" Seulgi asked, jumping in sounding concerned.

"No, nothing like that Seul. But it froze. It stopped moving, like, it stopped moving forward in time. It's in a standstill. No signals. Nothing. It's not like we can see what's going on or anything, but we get to monitor seismic activities, and such, things that indicate the movement and progress of time. We haven't really found a way to monitor events in those places, the other earths in the multiple universes."