Chapter 22

Desperate Measures-All or Nothing

A/N: And here's the next chapter.

Enjoy.

[•••]

She walked away.

Again.

But she walked away this time not because she wanted to run, but because she wanted Irene to choose her happiness herself.

And if she chooses Mark, then that was up to her.

So that's how Lisa found her by the beach strip where she took Irene that other night.

She heard the blonde woman park her car near hers just as she was about to walk down the beach from the parking. Seulgi tried to gain some distance as fast as she could before Lisa could even get out of her car but the ever so brilliant Dr. Manoban was quick to try and reason with her.

"Seul, it's not right to give up. Sometimes you just have to keep fighting, no matter what the other person says or does, if you feel it in your heart that it's true, that it's everything, then you have to fight." Lisa yelled out.

But Seulgi didn't budge. She wanted to turn around and respond but she couldn't find the words to say anything.

Her heart was still breaking.

So she kept her eyes on the waves rolling in and out ahead and kept walking towards it, rolling up the cuffs of her jeans even higher and taking her sneakers off - because yeah, she's too alternative to dress up formally for a rehearsal dinner, especially if it's for the wedding of the girl she loved to someone else, she didn't want to celebrate her heartbreak after all.

She smiled sadly as she felt the soft wet sand between her toes, and the cool water of the waves hitting the shores. Lisa still far off. The silence that accompanied suggested that the brilliant scientist decided to let her go.

And Seulgi was thankful for that.

She wanted time to think.

So once again she found solace in her own company, wiping her eyes dry of the tears threatening to fall.

Maybe that's why she started singing again. To stop herself from crying and lose herself in the music.

All of me, I give you everything

If you could only see how much you mean to me

I know you'll always be the one that stays with me, haunting me

And maybe I'll never know just how to let you go

It's always you I go back to, I know it's danger

It's always you my heart runs to, but I'm a stranger

Baby, what happened? What am I to do?

Wanna move on, but I'm scared of losing you
I can't seem to master the art of letting you go

No, I can't seem to master the art of letting you go