Chapter 48

Hunter POV

It's been summer for 1 day. So far, we have spray painted the school, played Truth of Dare, and trained with Dad and Zeke.

Today, Justin and I are having a guys day. I'm pretty close with Noah, but Justin is definatley my bestfriend. Which is awkward because he likes my sister. Gross.

Today, Justin and I are gonna go to the training room to throw some knives and practice our punches and kicks.

When we get there, Sky and Ella are already throwing knives.

So much for our guys day.

"Wanna leave?" I whisper to Justin, even though I want to stay.

"Nah it's fine." He says while looking at my sister.

"Dude! Can you not do that in front of me?" I whisper yell.

"Do what?"

"Look at Sky like that. I get that you like her but.." I trail off.

Justin smirks.

"Hey girls!" He yells so that Sky and Ella know that we are there.

They stop throwing.

"Hey Justin. Hey Hunt." Sky smiles.

"Ugh I told you not to call me that!" I whine.

"Nah I'm good." Sky smiles with mock sweetness.

"C'mon guys! Let's get throwing!" Ella calls and we all start throwing our knives.

Sky and I hit dead center every time. I smirk. Having Dauntless Prodigies as parents comes in handy sometimes.

I'm not sure how long we are in there before Dad bursts into the training room.

"There you guys are! Go get ready! The Choosing Ceremony starts in 30 minutes and the train leaves in 20!" He tells us with frustration. He must've been looking for us for awhile.

We all run back to are apartments and say our goodbyes, then Sky and I go and change.

I put on a maroon T-shirt and black pants with my maroon converse. I go into Sky's room, after knocking of course, and she is wearing a black crop top with golden studs on the shoulders and maroon high waisted shorts and black converse.

"Hey! We're matching!" I laugh.

Sky looks up and down at our outfits and laughs.

"C'mon kids! You need to catch the train!" Mom yells from the living room.

We meet them and then we all jog to catch the train.

Mom and Dad wave goodbye to us as they head back to get ready for the new initiates. Well Dad does. Mom took a job as a Faction Leader a few years ago. We were 5.

Sky POV

We are on our way to the Choosing Ceremony and I am getting more nervous by the minute.

I really hope Alex stays. He is like a big brother to me. But I also want him to be happy.

Ugh.

We finally arrive at the Hub. We are the last Faction there of course.

We jog through the Hub until we get to the choosing room.

All of the 16 year-olds line up in front of the chairs set up for viewers.

I see Alex in line and I wave to him.

He jogs over to me and embraces me in a big hug.

"Good luck Alex."

"Thanks Sky."

There is a tap on the microphone signaling that the Ceremony is about to start.

I zone out for most of it until I see Alex walk up to the line of bowls in the middle of the room.

He sends me a nervous glance and I give him a reassuring smile.

He cuts his hand and he let's the blood pool in his palm. And then he let's it drop into

The Abnegation Bowl.

I should have known. He was always watching out for me, helping me, when he didn't have to. He did that for all of us.

He gives me a sad smile as he walks over to the Abnegation section.

I look over to Nikki and Lynn. They look heartbroken and they are holding back tears.

What if I do that to my parents next year? What about Hunter?

The Ceremony goes by in a blur. Next thing I know, I'm back on the train heading back to the compound.

We all jump off of the building after the initiates.

For the rest of the day, I'm silent, consumed in my thoughts. The day goes by in a blur and before I know it, I'm getting ready for bed.

"Goodnight guys." My parents say to Hunter and I.

"G'night." I say as I head into my room, with Hunter at me heels.

I sit on my bed and he wraps his arms around me.

"You ok sis? I know you and Alex were pretty close." Hunter says with concern.

"Yeah." I sigh. "I'm fine I guess. It's just, I saw how sad Lynn and Nikki were. What if we do that to mom and dad?"

"Sky. Look at me." He demands. "We have a whole year to decide what we want to do, and I'm sure that no matter what we choose, mom and dad will want us to be happy."

"Thanks Hunt."

"No problem Sky. G'night."

"Good night."

He walk into his room through our shared bathroom and closes the door.

I wrap myself in my purple blankets (my favorite color, besides maroon) and I quickly drift off to sleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hope you enjoyed this chapter😊

I just want to say thank you to all of my amazing readers. Your votes and comments are what inspire me to keep writing. The good and the bad ones.

So thank you❤️

I just got the book Four and OMG it's amazing😍😍😍

Don't forget to comment and vote and please follow😊

20 votes = new chapter

- Emily❤️