Chapter 2

~Violet Renegade POV~

"Hey, Violet, you might wanna come see this."

I turn in the direction of Mad Gear's voice, and stand from the booth I'm sitting in to walk over to him.

"What's up, Gear?" I ask, joining him outside.
"You see those vehicles off in the distance?" He asks, pointing.
"Yeah," I respond, noticing the four vehicles.
"Some of those aren't ours."
"What do you think it means?"
"I don't know, but keep your gun close just in case."

We stand there, ready to rip our guns from our holsters as the caravan of cars and motorcycles approaches. As they come to a stop in front, we raise our loaded guns, ready to fire.

"Put your guns down, Violet, Gear; they're allies," Silver says, having just gotten out of the Trans Am.

We hesitantly lower our guns and look to see who these 'allies' are. There's a dark-haired boy, a blonde, and a tanned guy standing behind Missile and Silver.

"We should probably introduce ourselves," the tanned one offers. "I'm Donnie."
"Call me Winona," the blonde pipes up in a perky tone.
"My name's Wilson," the dark-haired guy says.

Judging by their names, appearances, and tones, they're not Killjoys. They're not from Bat City, though, so who could they be?

"Oh, sorry," Silver says apologetically. "They're Youngbloods." The Youngbloods are another faction of rebels, found in the Death Valley area.

"Why are you here, though?" Gear says coldly.

"We think we have a lead as to where the Fab Four are. In fact, we could be close to finding all of them," Donnie answers

If you didn't know, the leaders of our designated factions have been missing for about four years. Many are convinced they're dead, but a few of us believe they're still out there. Hearing this news eased Gear's hesitation ever so slightly, and it was enough to convince me.

"Come inside. We've clearly got a lot to talk about."

****

~??? POV~

The night air is cold, yet comforting. I press my body up against the concrete wall. I'm so close to escape, I just need to wait until all of the threats leave.

After about half an hour, I deem the coast clear. I take a few deep breaths, bracing myself. After a few seconds, I decide to just go for it. I run across the street and press my body against the wall, again, then follow it underneath the bridge.

I walk to the passageway that grants me freedom, ducking into it and sprinting down the tunnel. After about ten minutes, I slow to a stop, catching my breath and brushing my hair out of my face. A torch, fully lit, flickers in the distance. I walk towards it, hoping that I find a sign of life.

After a while, I realize what I've just done:

I'm free.

I pass by the torch, bolted to the wall. Not long after, the exit to the tunnel. The sky, covered with clouds, spans over me, stunning me. I look at the canyon around me, noticing a stream running through the middle. The cliffs on either side are lined with caves, each one dark and empty.

I run across the canyon towards the nearest cave, diving for cover in the shadows.

Now it's time to wait.

****

After several hours, the day has given away to dusk, and I step out of my cave. I can almost guarantee that Nico saw me hiding, but he seemed more interested in getting the other guy back. Now that I have a chance to look at the wilderness around me, I am reminded of why I left the city. This is what I was missing. The stars, the sky, the color green, the soil under my feet.

I hear the sound of walking feet, but the footfalls don't match mine. I stop and turn towards the noise, noticing a figure walking towards me. A torch, held in their right hand, illuminated their face.

"Did you just escape?" He asks, reaching my side.
"No, I've been hiding for a while."
"You wanna join us?"
"Why else would I have tried to escape?"
"That's fair. Name?"
"Clancy. You?"
"Jordan. Welcome to the Banditos."

****

{Hello everyone.
I'm updating a lot to make up for my lateness. Make sure to vote if you liked it!

-anaenae ||-//}