i

love like this ashton kutcher

"Hi, Daddy." Tara said to her father on the phone.

"How's my favorite girl?" He asks, cheery. She took in a deep breath, bracing herself.

"Dad...my divorce was finalized. Ashton took everything." She blurted it, wanting to get it done and over with as quickly as possible. He was silent on the other end.

"I never did like that boy. Where is he now? At a strip club with some hookers? Getting high in an alley somewhere?"

"What the fuck's his problem?!" Ashton yells, and it startles Tara so much that she ends up dropping the phone, the call ending. She blinks at him as he rises to his feet from the bed, and her feet stay frozen to the floor.

"Please...don't yell." He comes closer, his face only centimeters from hers, his breath fanning on Tara's cheeks.

"I didn't fucking take everything, and you know that. Just go cry to your rich fucking Daddy like you always do, Tara. We all know it's what you do best." He finishes off with a sarcastic smile before planting a big, sloppy kiss on her lips, catching her off guard.

"Are you guys okay? Did we make you fight?" Their kids, ages 7 and 8, are standing in the doorway of the bedroom, looking at their parents like deer in headlights. Tara's heart started to break a little.

"This is none of your business, Ryder." Ashton says through gritted teeth to their son, looking directly at him with almost narrowed eyes. Tara slapped his chest, and his neck snapped to look at her venomously. She already knew what the night entailed, and the thought of it made shivers run up her spine. The boy looked frightened next to his little sister.

"Just go into your rooms. Dad and I are fine." Tara assured her kids with a broken smile. They trudge away, and she puts her hands on her hips, looking up at her husband with a frown on her face.

"Go ahead, Ashton, hit me. God knows I deserve it, right? That's what you were taught. So, go ahead. As long as you don't lay a hand on those children." Tara looks him dead in the eyes, ready to take whatever is coming to her. He raises his left hand, bringing it down to slap her face. So hard that it sends her tumbling to the floor, and her skin immediately begins to sting. She holds the tears back, and anger flares up in her chest.

"What," Tara chokes, looking Ashton up and down.

"You gonna kick me for good measure? Take all of your anger out on me. Hurt me as much as you want, but I swear to God, as long as I live, I will see to it that you never hit either one of our children ever again. Oh yeah, I could tell you wanted to just fucking pummel Ryder." She spits out at him, choking back an angry sob. That's when it happens. Ashton kicks Tara in the side, making her yelp loudly in pain. Immediately, her hand covers it, and she knows there will be a good sized bruise there in the morning.

Suddenly, he storms out of the room, and she tries her best to stand up to follow him. It took her a few minutes of groaning and stumbling before she got off the ground to see where Ashton went. The kitchen.